MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I bought mine from Fast by Ferracci a couple of years ago and it's still listed on their website for $179.

Eric
That's not too bad, Noel had a good price, but not enough people where buying them. Depending on where you are, I think Chris from X-bikes might still have some also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm in the market for one also, but I have no dealer option here. Plus I'd like a cheaper option, if possible.:naughty:

·
Vendor
5,282 Posts
Noel,you need to make more Ride height tools,looks like the demand is returning.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought mine from Fast by Ferracci a couple of years ago and it's still listed on their website for $179.

Eric
Thanks Eric I will look into it.

Mitchy I emailed Noel the other day. He said not enough demand at this time.

Again thanks Noel for the response.

:f4:

·
Registered
14,419 Posts
Noel,you need to make more Ride height tools,looks like the demand is returning.:)
I put a offer out ~a year ago at the request of Alex at Gutsy Performance, if people will prebuy (pay for) the tools I'd make another batch and they'd get them at the old price shipped $85 US $95 World wide.......

ZERO people responded

I've had a lot of people ask for the dimensions so they could make their own.......really????

I have no idea what they are.....I gave a Factory tool to my friend Bob, he put it in his $400,000 Haas machining center and "mapped" it.....
to within millionths of an inch......he sent the data to the laser cutter
I deburred the tools by hand and machined the 2 spuds at home......believe it or not the frame holes are more accurate than the swing arm ones:jsm:

my tools were all stainless steel or DuPont Delrin...and far better than the Factory ones

from the original list of people that wanted them <50% actually bought them.....
and mine were half price delivered

not much incentive to make them..........

:popcorn:

·
Vendor
5,282 Posts
Noel,thanks for replying.No-one is going to pre-pay for your product,it just doesn't happen.Your ride height tool is very well made and accurate.This motorcycle industry is very frustrating when you put the time,effort and money into making a product that will benefit owners,then bang someone copies it after all the work you have done.Thats life.I believe the demand is back for your ride height tool,make some more.lol:)

·
Administrator
19,538 Posts
I would like to add that Noel's ride height tool, besides being possibly better than the OEM special tool, was a real bargain in the world of special tools.
Mine is hanging on the tool board where it can be admired by visitors (and quickly found for use by me).

Thanks for producing a needed basic maintenance tool for us ata fair price, Noel.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I made a load and charged way lower than OEM price, then at the same time i did mine someone undercut me with theirs so i sold hardly any becuase i was now too expensive.

I've still got the drawing and other components floating around somewhere probably. I even made a modified one that fits old frames and newer F4 frames but not bothered making them due to what happened.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Chris, you make nice gear...is there any difference in tools between the new generation and the older?
..or between Brutale and F4?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I would Noel!:brutale:
Just let me know when and I'll paypal you the money!

Hi Laur,

I know you have been waiting for ages. I have a ride height tool at the engineers as you know. I was going to make a tiny batch 5 or so just for the odd person who might want one but it's counterproductive to make things that are already offered in our community especially as it is a very slim market anyway..

Laur, would it help you if I got mine back from Henry and let you have a loan of it to set your bike up or would you want one to keep for ever ?

All you would have to pay is the post cost.

let me know.

joe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts