MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok slightly different question regarding rear shocks for the Brutale.

Is the 1078RR shock the same as the 910, 990 & 989 etc. This is in terms of height, eyelets fitting etc?

Cheers

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
I believe all the first generation bikes use the same dimensions and mounting. Some one will correct me if I am mistaken.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been trying to pay Chris at Xbikes for a ride height tool...no responses since our initial contact via this website and Emails.

Anyone else have one for sale?

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sorry, i might be a little thick here, so please help me out.

So would you set your ride height while you are seated on the bike? Or with bike only on rear stand? If you use the reference tool and set the suspension pre-load / static sag how does this compensate for rider weight and the steering geometry changes with rider on bike ?

Are you supposed to set the reference, then set pre-load again with rider weight to match the % sag achieved with the reference tool?

I'm struggling to see the relevance of this tool in real life. The manual only shows setting the static sag and then mentions to set the chain tension afterwards.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It’s been a while since this can of worms came up. There have been numerous threads about setting sag via traditional method vs by the MV manual.
FWIW I set mine by the book, which is all done without having the rider aboard. I weigh 80kg. I did try adjusting preload, and successfully managed to make the bike dangerously unstable with very little effort. Small adjustment (half a turn) makes a noticeable effect.
I did add 2mm of ride height in the rear via the linkage adjuster to give me a little more turn into corners. It now is similiar to my Street Triple, which is very effortless.

·
Super Moderator
22,500 Posts
The MV manual sets static sag and ride height.

Rider sag is a function of spring rate.

@falcn: I have a tool that I loan out to mvagusta.net members. You pay for shipping both ways and I'll send it to you.

Reactions: falcn and mitchy

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, fastbyferracci has one on their site. Even though the dealership ceased operations, orders are still being fulfilled. https://www.ferracci.com/products/tool-ride-height-gauge-mv-agusta-f4?_pos=1&_sid=f3c7d3d1a&_ss=r
Ah thanks! Less than the one from XBikes since shipping from overseas was as much as the dang tool. Just couldn't get Chris to let me know the payment method and then forgot about it. Adjusted the chain again this weekend and its taking a wee bit of more effort to turn-in, so I want to check my ride height. I don't mind having the tool.

·
Super Moderator
22,500 Posts
Glad to hear you got it sorted!

A properly adjusted suspension is one of the best improvements one can do to a bike!

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is there any way we can get a template drawing of the tool? even if it's rough showing dimensions between screw points and measuring point surface?

·
Vendor
5,372 Posts
Is there any way we can get a template drawing of the tool? even if it's rough showing dimensions between screw points and measuring point surface?
PM Noel "theknurl" George,he used to make them.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
?

GeorgeO;
The information on the dimensions is on a CD, I have no idea what language it's in, probably G code
The Factory tool was measured on a Haas CNC machining center by my friend Bob
He sent a disc to the laser cutters, they sent me the parts
I made the spuds out of Delrin so they wouldn't scratch anything
No desire to make any more, WARNING, took to many years to sell them, I paid upfront and waited toooo long
to get my money back, Alex at GP Racing tried to get people to prepay.....for less money nobody was interested
Oh, everybody wanted them, it's all in posts here on the Forum

But.......Money talks, bullshit walks

How about $20 for the disc shipped ?.......Run as is, laser cut, it will put my nickname on the part, you'll have to fix that

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
GeorgeO;
The information on the dimensions is on a CD, I have no idea what language it's in, probably G code
The Factory tool was measured on a Haas CNC machining center by my friend Bob
He sent a disc to the laser cutters, they sent me the parts
I made the spuds out of Delrin so they wouldn't scratch anything
No desire to make any more, WARNING, took to many years to sell them, I paid upfront and waited toooo long
to get my money back, Alex at GP Racing tried to get people to prepay.....for less money nobody was interested
Oh, everybody wanted them, it's all in posts here on the Forum

But.......Money talks, bullshit walks

How about $20 for the disc shipped ?.......Run as is, laser cut, it will put my nickname on the part, you'll have to fix that
I'd pay for that.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
?

falcn;
This is for 1st Gen don't think it will work on 2nd Gen bikes
Check the parts manual for numbers, if they're different won't work :wink2:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
falcn;