MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you Melbourne / Victorian troops, there is a ride day at Melbournes Calder Park on Sunday 25th of Feb; a chance to try out a very different circuit :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:
(Hosted by Champions)

·
Registered
507 Posts
sounds good would be very interested. Might be good to try and get an MV group. I have been around it in a car but not on a bike. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think I could be in on that. I've heard that due to the lack of maintenance that it's pretty rough, but should be able to get some good speed up. I worry about the right hander coming onto the main straight were the drag cars take off from though. Looks a tad slippery.

Should be fun anyway. :highclap: :highclap:

Handy that it's only ten minutes from home, might not have to trailer it to the track

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F4SR,
they are very aware of the potential issue with the front straight and have procedures on how to deal with it so should not be a problem
:jsm:

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we have enough interest in this day we could consider a gathering the night before in Melb for dinner ? any takers? :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
449 Posts
St.Kilda would be great, me and my friends meet there every Friday night at Bar Roys. I could certainly help in getting a good deal for a meal because I know the owners of the place. You can't miss it because there are always lots of bikes parked out the front.

I will be booking with Champions today.

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gents,
we will be coming down to Melb late Saturday (we are in the country) and dinner Sat night would suit us on the north side of town (Northcote / thornbury)

·
Registered
507 Posts
hey JSM are you not keen to ride there, or if you dont know your way i can meet you in brunswick and we can meet the others there? And i have now booked in cant wait. :moped: :smoking:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yep, I've booked in too and can hardly wait to try out a new track. It's always very exciting.

For anyone who might be interested, I have always wanted to try out Mac Park in Mt Gambier as well. Racers tell me it is a fantastic track. I would love to organise a track day down there over a weekend.

Anyone interested?

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cf4,
I will be trailing the bike down on Sat and we have a few Ducati guys coming also the plan at this stage would be to all meet for dinner @ Louis and Frankos Italian restaurant 275 high st Thornbury 7 for 7.30pm (this is my favourite regular eating place in Melbourne :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts