MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the question of the day...... How do I know if I have RG3 exhaust ? When I bought my bike I was told it had RG3's with the appropriate chip. I was even given the stock exhaust with the sale. The RG's weren't very loud and looked identicle to stock so I questioned the seller and he was very adamant about them so I called FBF and explained my predicament to them. The tech informed me the only marking on a RG3 (to identify it as one) is a small engraving on the neck where it enters the midpipe. She said it would have RG right there and mine have this. Is this correct or did she fill me full of :eek:nthecan:? I know there ALOT of RG3's on this forum, so how are your pipes identified ?

The bike did have the RG chip from Arrow like he said it would so that's a plus. Also these were put on the bike in 2001, were there differences between the RG3's of then and the RG3's now ?

I threw some pics on of my slips. Crappy pics but you'll get the idea of where the engraving is.

Any help will be appreciated, as I am thinking about selling these.

Thanks again... Cooper

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ive got three sets of RG3s - one early set hasnt got RG3 engraved on the side of one of the end pipes. They have a dark bronze/brown finish on the end pipes. The later sets with the champagne/gold coloured end pipes do have RG3 clearly stamped.

Early sets are marked different from later sets I guess.

·
Registered
494 Posts
We can confirm what the above poster stated. Except that I have also seen newer ones that don't even have the markings and they are the champagne/nickel finish. Those are the one we have on ours. The others I've seen have the all the safety markings with the RG3 logo laser etched on them.

There are no imitations out there that I know off so if you have exhausts that look like stock but are 30-40% louder, you probably have RG3's. They really are not that obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine are not super loud so thats a plus. They do have the exact same markings on the tips as stock, should they ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ive got three sets of RG3s - one early set hasnt got RG3 engraved on the side of one of the end pipes. They have a dark bronze/brown finish on the end pipes. The later sets with the champagne/gold coloured end pipes do have RG3 clearly stamped.

Early sets are marked Cagiva instead of MV Agusta on the inner end pipes.:f4:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine are marked MV Agusta

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a set with the nickel tips. They are marked RG3 on the side and the brackets where the rivets go have 'for race track use only' on them. The chip that came with them says MV Corse on it and has the numbers F5S23RGD on it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts

I have the laser etching on mine, also the strap that holds the rivets that secure the tips is marked "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE"

Also you can look into the tail pipes, on the standard arrow pipes have the outer pair of exhausts are about 1.5 cm circumference on the inside, whereas the RG3's are considerabley larger (about 2.5 - 3.0 cm) inner circumference.

Andrew...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have the laser etching on mine, also the strap that holds the rivets that secure the tips is marked "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE"

Also you can look into the tail pipes, on the standard arrow pipes have the outer pair of exhausts are about 1.5 cm circumference on the inside, whereas the RG3's are considerabley larger (about 2.5 - 3.0 cm) inner circumference.

Andrew...
same as mine

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andrew... are yours also marked RG on the neck where they go into the mid pipe ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts