MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a F4..and my buddy has the tips custom anodized. How can I tell if the exhausts are the RG3 upgrade verses a stock pipe set. is there a notation on them somewhere?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe they should be stamped somewhere on the side of one of the pipes "ARROW RG3". I'd show you a photo but I'm still looking for a used set. Good luck. :smoking:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ringwraith said:
I know mine are stamped with E-3..thats why I was curious as to what markings would be there
Only the newer RG3's are stampted as such. The conical restricting baffle (tube within a tube) clearly apparent when looking into the stock silencer is missing on the RG3's. I believe all Arrow silencers fitted to these bikes...whether stock or RG3... have the E3 stamp on them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ringwraith said:
I just bought a F4..and my buddy has the tips custom anodized. How can I tell if the exhausts are the RG3 upgrade verses a stock pipe set. is there a notation on them somewhere?
The RG3 exhaust is further distinguished by a "track or race use only" inscription on the narrow polished band around the exhaust tip at the point where the tip is attached to the body of the silencer.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
RG3's have had all different kinds of markings from early ones which were identically marked to std one's through to 'race use only' stamped in the stainless strap around the join from silencer to end tip,to the newest which are stamped 'Arrow RG3'

Easiest way to tell is to look up the end tips, If the inner diameter is about 15mm and the two inner pipes are quite a different size from the outers they are probably std, RG3's have inner pipes about 25mm in size and all 4 look a similar size :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come to fnd out what I have are the Casoli modded pipes that are essentially debaffled.....hence the gold anodized tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts