MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am glad i found this board for i am the proud owner of a new Mv Agusta f4-1000+1... Ive owned a lot of bikes and i like to keep them as spotless as humanly possible. I have always had a problem cleaning up the after effects of an aftermarket exhaust system... I have the goldish colored RG3 exhaust system and im wondering what some of you guys use to clean the dust and dirt off of it.

:later:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Welcome to the board! Be sure to add yourself to the registry :stickpoke to get some pictures of your beauty for the rest of us to see

·
Registered
144 Posts
oicdn said:

Neither harm paint or plastics, and work well for cleaning the lube "dots" that fling off the chain.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goo Gone harms the clear and red light lenses on your bike!!!!! DONT USE IT ON THE LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bash:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i've noticed that wd40 gets alot of it off, but also notice a little gold on the rag when i put some elbow grease on it. :green:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I use WD40 on mine too Fred, but then mine's just the standard system not RG3's. BTW welcome to the site Ohioagusta and you too Homer. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
House hold oven cleaner....so far no ill effects.
Spray it on a rag and then apply and rub....tough carbon depostis may require leaving a thin film on the area for a minute or two.
After removal of carbon, I always "rinse" the pipes with a weaker cleaning agent such as window cleaner and wet rag to be sure no oven cleaner is left behind.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
NOMOEVO said:
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goo Gone harms the clear and red light lenses on your bike!!!!! DONT USE IT ON THE LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bash:
I've never had a problem with the goo gone....although, I never use it on the taillight as I never have gunk on it. I mostly use the Meguires stuff, and then the goo gone for the more stubborn things (things closer to the chain, or underseat where most of the fling and grime is) as it's a little stronger and well, you can apply it to a cloth, not using a huge spray for just a little area. Also, I don't just use regular goo-gone. I get the orange "automotive" one that specifically says it's safe on auto paint and other common automotive surfaces.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
style_one said:
i've noticed that wd40 gets alot of it off, but also notice a little gold on the rag when i put some elbow grease on it. :green:

The WD40 is good for the usual stuff but it won't get the deposits off the end cans or tail/lights like the powerpuple will, in my experience. I normally us WD40 but every so often have to use the stronger stuff - once my tips go sulphur.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok great

much thanks for all the replies!!!! i found the power purple site and im wondering if the ultra is better for what i need?

http://www.purplepower.com/ultra.htm

do i have to special order this stuff or is it at any stores?

all i am really concerned about is cleaning the gold tips on the rg3 system... that is one thing i was unhappy with about my 996 as she got older - it just looked cruddy from me not taking the proper care of it :eek:

Thanks again for the warm welcome... this bike is truly the best bike i have EVER owned or ridden.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
ohioagusta said:
much thanks for all the replies!!!! i found the power purple site and im wondering if the ultra is better for what i need?

http://www.purplepower.com/ultra.htm

do i have to special order this stuff or is it at any stores?

all i am really concerned about is cleaning the gold tips on the rg3 system... that is one thing i was unhappy with about my 996 as she got older - it just looked cruddy from me not taking the proper care of it :eek:

Thanks again for the warm welcome... this bike is truly the best bike i have EVER owned or ridden.
Please let us know how the stuff works if you order it.

Thanks. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts