MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the site and have a Senna on order. Anyone have any idea as to whether exhaust system upgrades on the 06 Senna would be worthwhile?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have also ordered a Senna, where are you located? I am in L.A. area and ordered mine from Pro Italia.

Regarding to your question, first I think it would be important to know what extra exhaust will come with the Senna, like the Tamburini and other limited edition bikes.

I don't know if you have asked about it, but Pro Italia told me that MV USA have not gotten the final word from MV regarding what kind of exhaust will come with the Senna, so I have posted a thread asking our Italian special agents here at the forum to investigate the matter.

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=11470#post11470

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting info

I'm in LA too but I had to order mine from GP in San Diego. I live in Studio City however and will have the bike serviced at ProItalia. I was late getting on the list since up until a month ago I had a 999s - stolen!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
scalpelman said:
I'm in LA too but I had to order mine from GP in San Diego. I live in Studio City however and will have the bike serviced at ProItalia. I was late getting on the list since up until a month ago I had a 999s - stolen!
:shocker: no way! That is very unfortunate! :bawling:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
scalpelman said:
Wait, did you go to the demo day last Sat. PM @ Pro Italia and rode the 999R, CBR1000RR, and the silver/red Brutale?

I spoke to someone who also had a 999S stolen and told him about this forum...

·
Registered
180 Posts
scalpelman said:
Hi all,

New to the site and have a Senna on order. Anyone have any idea as to whether exhaust system upgrades on the 06 Senna would be worthwhile?

Welcome to the site Scalpelman. Sorry to hear about the loss. Used to live in Studio City on Arch Drive. Can't give you any info on the exhaust, just wanted to extend a warm MVAgusta.net welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome

I wasn't at the demo day, but would have liked to have been. I'd love to figure out who is steeling these bikes. They had to case mine out for a while. It was locked up in a secure parking garage.

In case I get a chance to meet either of you, my name is Leif.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
scalpelman said:
I wasn't at the demo day, but would have liked to have been. I'd love to figure out who is steeling these bikes. They had to case mine out for a while. It was locked up in a secure parking garage.

In case I get a chance to meet either of you, my name is Leif.
hmm... I wonder is these thieves are selling them abroad?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the welcome

Any new word on the exhaust system with the senna? I spoke to GP in San Diego and Pro italia and couldn't really get a clear answer.

Adonata, I looked at your bio. You have a very interesting job.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
scalpelman said:
Any new word on the exhaust system with the senna? I spoke to GP in San Diego and Pro italia and couldn't really get a clear answer.

Adonata, I looked at your bio. You have a very interesting job.
Thanks...

regarding the Senna pipes, here is a new post by Helmut today, post #18 to be specific:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1156&page=2&pp=10

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info

checked out the tread. Sounds like it will be a slightly more open/lighter stock exhaust system. I wonder what a titanium exhaust will do for the feel/performance. Too much speculation for a bike I won't have for at least another month.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Welcome & Hello Leif, I met you at Pro Italia the day I came in to pick up my Tamburini, if not, then there are two scrub wearing ex Ducati owners visiting Pro Italia. Congrats on your MV decision. I can honestly tell you that I have never had more fun on a bike. I too had some questions about the pipes and options (in my case it was because I wanted a bit more mean from the pipe)

Samson suggested I simply ride a round for a few weeks and then decide.

I'm very happy now and it didn't cost me more dough, good advice in my case. Why not wait at least until you've broken in your new bike to make the decision.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
on my 750, i will say that the RG3's sounded better by end of the season then when i first fired them up. sounds good at idle, and WOT!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will likely wait to break it in before upgrades

Hi Donnie,

I did meet you at Pro Italia that day. I'm glad to here you are still loving that Tamburini. Awsome bike. You were the one who convinced me that I should go with an MV over the 999r.

As for my original compatibility question, I guess i was asking if the senna's engine and tuning characterstics would be improved upon with the currently available aftermarket pipes. I know without the proper tuning or ecu you can get a reduction in horsepower and more commenly a loss of torque.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
scalpelman said:
Hi Donnie,

I did meet you at Pro Italia that day. I'm glad to here you are still loving that Tamburini. Awsome bike. You were the one who convinced me that I should go with an MV over the 999r.

As for my original compatibility question, I guess i was asking if the senna's engine and tuning characterstics would be improved upon with the currently available aftermarket pipes. I know without the proper tuning or ecu you can get a reduction in horsepower and more commenly a loss of torque.
certainly true, after I get my Senna I will have the right EPROM installed for the type of exhaust, as well as a Power Commander to maximize and refine the package.

·
Registered
516 Posts
scalpelman said:
Hi Donnie,

Boy...I sure hope you love the Senna (sweat)

Actually I'm sure you will, it's beautiful and if you've had a chance to ride a "stock" F4 1000, I'm sure you'll be quite happy with the extra Senna oomph and the package guarantees a bike that will have strangers waving at you at stop lights AND a rolling piece of sculpture that will cause you to spend a whole bunch of spare time in your garage...staring.

Let us know what you decide and figure out about pipes, then...my good buddy Tom (who lives just up the street) will be getting a Senna this summer as well (that will put at least four very cool MV bikes within a few square miles of one another, O's included) and I'm sure he'll be asking the same questions.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Let us know what you decide and figure out about pipes, then...my good buddy Tom (who lives just up the street) will be getting a Senna this summer as well (that will put at least four very cool MV bikes within a few square miles of one another, O's included) and I'm sure he'll be asking the same questions.

That would be great, we should get together once we all have our bikes.

The Moto Corse Full titanium system(EPROM included) is the only aftermarket system I would consider getting for my Senna, they are very expensive but extremely high quality. I have started researching prices for it (from several places). Power Commander would be installed + BMC air filter, and finally a custom map by L & L motorsports http://www.landlmotorsports.com/ , I just want to free up the bike with those parts and the custom map would maximize and refine the package.

However if a cat-less mid pipe and the RG3 is supplied for the Senna like the 910R(according to 1 version of the rummor), I may just leave it on... or perhaps sell it to help fund the Moto Corse system.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
DB Graves said:
(that will put at least four very cool MV bikes within a few square miles of one another, O's included) and I'm sure he'll be asking the same questions.

That sounds like some sensational picture opportunities Guys. It will be great to see the 4 MV's (may be more) together. :smoking:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts