MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there , i have an f4 1000s with the rg3 titanium cans and chip, iwas thinking of buying the titanium link pipe to take out the cat, i think this comes with a new chip but does anyone know if this will be ok with the cans as well, or do i need a power comander as well ? thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Yep, for an F4S with RG3's and link pipe, all you need is the EPROM chip and you're good to go.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
Question...isnt it possible to have the dealer assemble these exhuast parts right away when you receive your bike? After all these are all MV Agusta parts are they not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
suryad said:
Question...isnt it possible to have the dealer assemble these exhuast parts right away when you receive your bike? After all these are all MV Agusta parts are they not?
Of course it is, but it doesn't mean they won't charge you for it. Like adding carbon parts before pickup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
wallis said:
hi there , i have an f4 1000s with the rg3 titanium cans and chip, iwas thinking of buying the titanium link pipe to take out the cat, i think this comes with a new chip but does anyone know if this will be ok with the cans as well, or do i need a power comander as well ? thanks.

If you have RG3's then the chip you received was created for the system to run sans cat converter, sooner you get rid of it the better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
jcmaxwell said:
Yep, for an F4S with RG3's and link pipe, all you need is the EPROM chip and you're good to go.

Joe
someone did mention that you need a PC3 on top of the ecu .... is this true or the installation of the exhaust and the Ecu is sufficient enuff ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
fazer6 said:
Of course it is, but it doesn't mean they won't charge you for it. Like adding carbon parts before pickup.
Thank you for the reply. I will need to do some more research as to what the carbon bits will cost...I would like everything put together before I throw my legs over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
antonioshabirto said:
someone did mention that you need a PC3 on top of the ecu .... is this true or the installation of the exhaust and the Ecu is sufficient enuff ??
I would like to know this bit of info as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes arrow rg3 and they have a silver finish to them the stock cans are almost a bronze colour. thanks for the advice, i will place my order this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
wallis said:
yes arrow rg3 and they have a silver finish to them the stock cans are almost a bronze colour. thanks for the advice, i will place my order this weekend.

Are you sure...RG3's have a light gold finish on the tail pipes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I have been hearing that they are very hard to get because their putting them on the F4 CC. Seems like the dealers don't yet know what the best set up for the 1000R exhaust system is. I want to do the Slip on, Mid Pipe, and filter but not the race ecu because of the high idle situation. FBR says they can take the original ECU and re work the power curve but not the timing. Just don't want to spend the time and money and have a eratic running bike. Time will tell what works best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
Which once again makes me think why MV is reluctant on making a comprehensive website for customers so they know what aprts to get to upgrade their bike.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top