MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wondering, I have someone interested in the Arrow RG3 slip-ons, performance ECU and midpipe from my 2005 F4 1000 S, but he owns a 2007 F4 1000 R.

Do the performance slip-ons, midpipe, and ECU for an S work on the R? If so, will they still improve the performance of the R? I assume they all fit interchangeably, but would the performance ECU for an S improve the R? Same questions with the RG3 and midpipe.

Please let me know..And thanks for your help.

Brian

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
minime said:
The ECU will not fit the 1000R. The midpipe will need to be modified so the oxygen sensor can be mounted onto the midpipe.
RG3 and midpipe will fit the 1000R, ecu will not, for 312 fitment I am not sure about it, the 312 has a one piece system with oxygen sensor, some people seem t have changed all the system for the 1000S/R system, some have left the oxygen sensor out.

!000R does not have oxygen sensor, EXCEPT!! for some very late 1000R's.............nothing is ever black and white with MV :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I may have mistyped... I mean the EPROM chip that comes with the RG3s, not an actual ECU. Sorry for the misnomer.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
EPROM will not work on a R/312/Senna.

The 5SM ECU used is those bikes doen't even have a EPROM. Those ECU's have flash memory.

Which makes me wonder why the hell everyone needs to send in the ECU for a race version? Comeon MV & Magneti Marelli, make a PC programming tool available!

Alex

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex:

Can't thank you enough for providing a clear answer to this! Unfortunately, my friend can't use it then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts