MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reference to the base model, do I really need a PC-III if I purchase the RG-3's or can I simply use the chip that comes with the RG-3's?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you can use the chip only if you like. the PC-III only makes it mo'betta throughout the revrange because you can adjust it for YOUR bike....on a dyno of course.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool....so maybe i will start with the RG-3's then dyno and possibly move to PC-III later.

BTW, what's been up with you? Are you back on the road?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
no need to dyno without the PCIII as the eprom is not programmable....unless you just want to see the difference between stock and RG-3's. and yes..i'm back out there. looking forward to the spring. :king:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a F4 1000 with RG3's. I had a Corse chip and recently changed to an AGO chip which solved a lot of the fuelling and backfing issues, The Corse chip is really for race conditions.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quick question....if the RG-3's are not much louder than stock what is the advantage of having them? I have already replace the mid-pipe so the absence of the Cat would enhance exhaust, since I would be purchasing the RG-3's slip-on I don't know if there is any advantage. I normally purchase slip-on's when I want to be a bit louder for safety reason on the street.

Secondly, with all of the RG-3 owners mentioning the sound not being much more does the bike still sound like a sewing machine at idle and lower RPM's?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I think you have made a very good point! Although most of us still buy them, I feel the bike is able to breath better and certainly removing the cat. I have recently experienced the same thing. I decided to dyno and fit a PC which now has done the job. The dyno agent thought the initial MV fueling was crap and not set up well. I decided to spend the extra money and get it set up just right.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ozboy said:
Looks like the PC111 is coming out of the Blade and into the F4R!
I don't think it will work, PC's are made bike specific and stuff like power from the injectors/plugs etc will be different, don't try it!! :jsm:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
emoto, you should stop responding to comments made by members with 'not true' rather maybe use 'in our opinion...' or 'in our experience...' your reply assumes the person making the original comment is not telling the truth. And clearly you are not the sole source of truth relating to MV's....owners are.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The USB PC111 can be used on any bike.
You can even download maps off the net.
My blade has a 3/4 Yoshi trioval system,downloaded the map for it and she runs beautifully.
I will post website when I find it again guys,there should be something for MVs.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ozboy said:
The USB PC111 can be used on any bike.
Uhm, not correct.

The PC uses oem connectors specific for each bike. Some go directly to the Fuel injectors, some go into main harness connectors.

In very few rare instances, the FI connections may be similar. Triumph and MV use the same FI connectors, but the firmware inside the PC will be different.

Save yourself the trouble, get an MV specific PC.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I don't think it will work, PC's are made bike specific and stuff like power from the injectors/plugs etc will be different, don't try it!! :jsm:
+1 . I have PC3 USB on 1000RR and its that's what it made for.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Now since we are on the subject can you make stock exhaust louder?

Anyone done that? I heard RG3's are not much different from stock exhaust as far as loudness is concerned may be one can drill a hole in stock exhaust or something :koolaid: :green:

Same question again why RG3's?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
FSL, there is a member on board here that has a set of standard pipes he has opened up and mate, it is loud.His name is MINIME, so ask him

I think the RG'3s sound is perfect. Not too loud, but makes it bassier, more throaty at idle and low, and still has that beautiful scream up top. And it does feel like it is breathing easier.

When I fitted mine and started it up at home even my wife said..ahhh now that sounds better! and she knew how much they costs. I think RG3's are to F4's like Termis are to Ducati's.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Each to their own, but I had the stalling issues when I had the RG3 with the RG3 chip. When I ran the bike with the free flowing modded stock exhaust and GR3 chip I never (99% of the time) had any stalling problems. To me the RG3 sounds muffled at high revs.

With the modded stock exhaust its only louder than the RG3 when you keep the revs up above 9,000rpm (f4 750cc). When plodding along its no louder than the RG3. The added benefit is the amount of heat that is removed when running the modded exhaust compared to that of the RG3. You can touch and hold the modded exhaust after a hard run compared to the RG3.

Any Duke with a set of Termis are much louder than the modded exhaust.

The 750 revs much higher than the 1000 so this could contribute to the apparent increase in noise as well. I will put the modded stock exhaust on my newly acquired 1000 this weekend.

At the last Sydney run, I had to keep the revs up to keep up with the guys on the 1000.

PS byebye cat.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i will also say that as i've pushed my bike pretty hard, once the RG3's lose some of the packing it sounds pretty mean...but in a tuned way, especially up on top.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts