MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to repeatedly rev the engine with the clutch disengaged the motor won't respond.

Example: low speed, clutch lever pulled while making multiple twists of the throttle to "bounce" the revs up a bit, the engine won't respond to each "bounce" or throttle input, basically enforcing my command.

And I don't think it's rpm specific(I could see if it was really low revs and was just an issue of low rpm response issues) but rather it just refuses to allow my attempts at multiple twists of the throttle.

Hopefully what I just explained makes sense.. but in practical terms this is what I am NOT able to do with the bike: let's say the bike is parked and in neutral and you wanted to rev the engine, and you wanted to repeatedly twist the throttle to rev the engine from 4-5/6krpms, gassing it to 5k and letting it rev down to 4K before blipping the throttle again to 5k, all in a series of rapid throttle twists. When doing this my bike doesn't respond. It's like it refuses to communicate a majority of the attempts to blip the revs as if the ecu thought "error, duplicate request found: ignore."

Bike is a base '13 F4 with all the throttle sensitivity settings to "sport/race" via "custom". I guess I should probably set it to one of the default settings and try again. But in the meantime, has anyone else noticed this behavior?

·
Super Moderator
22,355 Posts
Sound like Limp Mode....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I set the engine mapping to "race" and it seemed better, but only went on one ride. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Aside from this weird issue, the electronic throttle is still more responsive than the cable throttle on my 1090rr that had pretty poor off-idle response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts