MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am the owner of Brutale 800 RC 2018, did anyone change the gears like moto gp down 2,3,4,5,6 and up return? I'm waiting for the holidays and what changes are involved, thank you.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Not 100% on the Brutale, but normally you would reverse the arm on the gear selector, that's the basic mechanical change. However your quick shifter will be backwards. So you either need to turn the quickshifter sensor around, if possible or switch the positive and negative wires on the sensor. This means that the sensor output sensor will react correctly. Or if you have ECU Studio, just select revered on the shifter direction :)

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
Welcome to the family @Brutale Reparto Corse.. !! What he said ^^^^.. !!!
Please make an introductory post in the "New Members" section, and add your location on the planet to your profile.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not 100% on the Brutale, but normally you would reverse the arm on the gear selector, that's the basic mechanical change. However your quick shifter will be backwards. So you either need to turn the quickshifter sensor around, if possible or switch the positive and negative wires on the sensor. This means that the sensor output sensor will react correctly. Or if you have ECU Studio, just select revered on the shifter direction :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ah, I totally forgot about the frame issue. For reverse shift you will need to get a replacement footrest or gear lever. Quite a few manufactures do them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts