MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to get a reverse shift drum for a F 4 1000 S/ 2006 Part number 8A0089414 ?

if possible in Europe as I am in Austria ?!

·
Vendor
5,159 Posts
Does anybody know where to get a reverse shift drum for a F 4 1000 S/ 2006 Part number 8A0089414 ?

if possible in Europe as I am in Austria ?!

It will be almost impossible to find one.
I also have Sato rearsets,they work very well,good quality.
Put a post up in the For sale/wanted section,you may get some replies that way.
Good luck.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

Pejrimovsky;
I've owned 2.....sold them both, haven't seen 1 available for years
Do what Nate(Turbo329) did, get some Sato reversable rear sets :wink2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
so the sato allows you to GP shift the linkages? i only see the china ones on ebay :-/
ive never heard of a rev shift drum. is that to reverse the pattern internally?

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
so the sato allows you to GP shift the linkages? i only see the china ones on ebay :-/
ive never heard of a rev shift drum. is that to reverse the pattern internally?
Yes... MV provided an optional shift drum for all first generation bikes that changed pattern to GP style. Hard to find now.... but there are probably some out there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
LOOK WHAT I FOUND! Definitely cant bring myself to pay 600 for the Sato linkage. Dont want to even know the price of the drum set or maintenance involved. searching around i found these links!

Has anyone tried?? i cant stand normal shift and 3 of my bikes dont have ability like most to simply flip the OEM one. Im away from home and the bike this weekend so i dont know yet which of the 4 will work for the MV.. but ill be the guinea pig and report back..

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
You will need more than just an arm for the shifter shaft....the stock lever attached directly there. You need some kind of lever with linkage.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have TWO of these reverse shift drums that i may sell, since it's been years that i don't have a dedicated track bike that i want to mimic on my street bikes.
One of them is ready to go but the other one is still on my F4 312R that has been sitting for years, but that i am starting to "resurrect" now.

Since these are very rare and practically impossible to obtain, they have a base price of 320 euro each (with shipping included to practically anywhere in the world), but i will accept higher offers until the end of this week and they will go to the person(s) that makes the higher offer(s) until friday at 16h pm Lisbon/London time .

Like i've said above one is ready to go, but the other one still has to be taken out of the F4, so the one who is ready will be shipped first to the absolute higher bidder and the other one will go after it's out of the bike. (will take a week, at maximum)

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
I have TWO of these reverse shift drums that i may sell, since it's been years that i don't have a dedicated track bike that i want to mimic on my street bikes.
One of them is ready to go but the other one is still on my F4 312R that has been sitting for years, but that i am starting to "resurrect" now.

Since these are very rare and practically impossible to obtain, they have a base price of 320 euro each (with shipping included to practically anywhere in the world), but i will accept higher offers until the end of this week and they will go to the person(s) that makes the higher offer(s) until friday at 16h pm Lisbon/London time .

Like i've said above one is ready to go, but the other one still has to be taken out of the F4, so the one who is ready will be shipped first to the absolute higher bidder and the other one will go after it's out of the bike. (will take a week, at maximum)
Not sure how you plan to run an auction on this forum.... It ain't eBay.... But knowing what a shift drum costs (and that even the standard drum is no longer listed as available) that sounds like a fair price.

Good luck to those seeking this part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts