MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do you guys (and girls) know if there are any retro-style full face helmets on the market?
There are loads of open face ones for the scooter/Vespa crowd but I can't find any old-style full face helmets.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Oepie, do You really remember the crappyness of the historic full face helmets. For what do You want that ? At Centomila times they didn't had full face helmets and so it wouldn't match the style anyway. But if you really search something like this try ebay. Sooner or later somebody will sell his old lid.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oepie, do You really remember the crappyness of the historic full face helmets. For what do You want that ? At Centomila times they didn't had full face helmets and so it wouldn't match the style anyway. But if you really search something like this try ebay. Sooner or later somebody will sell his old lid.
I know, I know, but the sleek modern ones with 15 air vents etc would be a funny sight on an old bike as well.
I was just wondering if there are any new ones with a very simple look (1 colour) . Built according to the current safety rules. Because there are replicas of just about everything you can imagine nowadays, I thought replica helmets must exist too. Somewhere.
I don't want to wear an unsafe helmet cos it looks cool, don't worry.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the moment I have a black Arai and I removed all the writing. It's just plain black now.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Shoei used to have solid red or solid white helmets which didn't have much venting etc, They also had a high chin which is similar to the Bell Star of the 1970s. Stupid me threw the Bell Star helmet out. It was way sloppy but suited the classics I have.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
At the moment I have a black Arai and I removed all the writing. It's just plain black now.
Yeah Oepie, I wear a matt black Arai Jet Helmet and Oakley Goggles. So I think a plain Jet Helmet is the closest to the age of the bike and decent safety you can get. Doesn't Cromwell sell such egg shells ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts