MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So far I have got the new panels all cleaned up. Washed her down. She is now ready for detailing. I took my tank off Mona since I am going to be replacing the fuel lines later this week. Hooked the tank up to the Senna and she runs just fine. Going to head to a paint shop tomorrow to see what they say about the tank and airbox.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Presume you know that the in tank rubber lines are made of a special and expensive rubber so that they can stand up to the constant submersion.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes. Auto parts stores around me do not carry what I need. So I have some lines coming from Chuck.

·
Super Moderator
21,444 Posts
That sludge in your tank is the rubber dissolved off the fuel lines.

I plan on shipping your kit today.

·
Registered
119 Posts
excited to see what you do with it! always loved MONA as you know. Andrew is like the singer 911 builder of F4's

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looking for advise on what is the best way to make the carrier look new again? I used a metal polish on it, cleaners, and a correcting polish on it. What else can I try?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Might be taking her all the way down to the engine and cleaning her over the winter.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Might be taking her all the way down to the engine and cleaning her over the winter.
Probably the best move you could make, with a screws and bolts replacements as necessary.

The 'problem' with this approach is that there will always be the 'I'll just do this one other thing' and before we know it we're checking our credit card balance!!:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
21,444 Posts
Andrew, if you have already gone through all of that on your carrier, then you will probably have to remove the clear coat as it is stained.

So I would remove the clear, polish to the finish you enjoy and then re-clear.

Or go have it anodized.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think I would try to get it running first if you haven't already

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
She runs. I placed Mona's tank on her and she fired right up. Hope to have the tank painted within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think there is a clear anodizing on those parts, once it gets discolored like that I'm not sure it comes back other than stripping and recoating.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think there is a clear anodizing on those parts, once it gets discolored like that I'm not sure it comes back other than stripping and recoating.
A cheap alternative would be vapor blasting and a catalyzed clear coat for the silver parts. It all depends how close to "original" you want to get.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got the tank and airbox back from the painter. They look good as new. Finally got around to cleaning some on the engine today. Down to only a handful of part left needed and she will be running again.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 55 Posts