MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all,

anyone have any wise ideas about reshaping an exhaust connector? i bought some and it was dropped in transit, i now have a slightly oval connector on the top/front exhaust pipe.

any ideas?

olly

·
Registered
465 Posts
Let's see a pic of the damaged part

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi ed,this looks like just the sort of thing i need. matt, i will take a pic, but in short its the slight distortion of the circular connector, just enough to notice and no doubt enougt to be a problem fitting it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I don't think that exhaust expander tool would budge it

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
You could always take it to a muffler shop. They should be able to fix it for you. I did an exhaust mod to a another bike and needed a straight pipe expanded. They handled it in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well.....my Arrow cat delete pipe came deformed and my exhaust expander worked a treat!
I have 4 different sizes, can do from 1.5 in. to 5 in. exhaust pipe.

Ed S :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, apologies this has taken so long, have been waiting for my decat. This is a pic of the connection, exhaust expander arrives on Thursday, will let you know how it goes!

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've also had good luck with an exhaust expander. My RG3's arrived with one tube slightly too small to slip over the midpipe. A few minutes with the expander and it fit perfectly.

Eric

·
Registered
465 Posts
After looking at the pic of the bent pipe, I'd bet the expander would work. Or take it to a muffler shop and let them reround it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Proven a little more difficult than hoped. You can only fit around a third of the expander into the pipe, which means as you turn the expander it will expand more on one end (the end out of the pipe). I've held it by hand which has improved it a lot, but I think to finish the job I'll need to restrict the end of the expander that is out of the pipe with something mechanical like a metal hose tie and then work slowly. It's making progress though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts