MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone,

I cannot find anywhere this part and MV Agusta is not making them anymore. They exist--likely sitting on a shelf somewhere....

Part# for the Brutale ORO RH Magnesium Frame is 800090236

As I wrote long long ago, I was hit by a car on my bike. Broke my collar bone but thankfully only "nicked" a portion of the sub-frame. Turns out that little part is about 3.5K (U.S. Dollars), IF YOU CAN FIND IT!

Duc Pond motorsports has been great taking care of my bike for quite sometime but we are coming up short locating this part. I have to have a new part because that is "the only manufacture approve repair" as per Progressive.

If anyone can find this part (and it's the one installed by Duc Pond), I promise I'll send them $100 U.S. I realize that's not a whole lot but for me that like several months worth of allowance.

If you have any advice or input, please let me know! I have uploaded a picture of the bike indicating the part--you cant see the nick but it was where the break tapped the side of the magnesium.

Thanks again guys,
Johnny

Ohh and grad school is miserable....very.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I have one, but it is not new. Try JDS.

If he has one are you going to send me or him $100?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do?! What condition is it in? And I obviously didn't consider your situation! So let's see if he does have it first before I beat up my little brother for his lunch money....again.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It's not nicked, but the paint is scratched in the same place yours is. Nathan called me a few months ago looking for one. I didn't know that was for you.

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
Have it refinished by an exotic car restoration company.....it can be repaired!!!!

I know one in Georgia, but you may find one closer. Will be costly, but probably less than new (if you could get one).

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
.....I obviously didn't consider your situation!.......
Dahamn, I just spent a week with Carl, and I didn't know he had a situation.......:naughty:

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
Dahamn, I just spent a week with Carl, and I didn't know he had a situation.......:naughty:
He doesn't HAVE one....he IS one...:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts
Like On Daytona Beach....

Just give Carl a hug and he'll send repair parts....

the-situation-and-randaddy.jpg

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Hello again everyone,

I cannot find anywhere this part and MV Agusta is not making them anymore. They exist--likely sitting on a shelf somewhere....

Part# for the Brutale ORO RH Magnesium Frame is 800090236

As I wrote long long ago, I was hit by a car on my bike. Broke my collar bone but thankfully only "nicked" a portion of the sub-frame. Turns out that little part is about 3.5K (U.S. Dollars), IF YOU CAN FIND IT!

Duc Pond motorsports has been great taking care of my bike for quite sometime but we are coming up short locating this part. I have to have a new part because that is "the only manufacture approve repair" as per Progressive.

If anyone can find this part (and it's the one installed by Duc Pond), I promise I'll send them $100 U.S. I realize that's not a whole lot but for me that like several months worth of allowance.

If you have any advice or input, please let me know! I have uploaded a picture of the bike indicating the part--you cant see the nick but it was where the break tapped the side of the magnesium.

Thanks again guys,
Johnny

Ohh and grad school is miserable....very.
I hope you are recovering well from your accident.

I have been away from the forum and did not know of your accident.
I actually know of an Oro just like yours still in the crate for sale.

If you can't find the part I would go the route Ed suggested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been biting my lip over this thread since I read the first post.

This was your first post as to riding the Oro or not.....http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28085

This post was my comment on considering whether one should ride a zero mileage collector bike.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showpost.php?p=318162&postcount=38.

Now we're looking for some sort of unobtanium part as a result of an unfortunate crash.

As I said, it's your money Johnny, but I really hate this........
Thank you. I understand your concern and I hate that my decisions upset you but, as you said it is my money--or was rather, before I bought it.

Since the first post, I've tried to communicate my personal situation in an attempt to embody my exact position. If I saw the question: "Do I ride an investment bike?" I would have said/written no immediately without hesitation too.
But the few persons, just a few years back when I was incredibly eager, who guided me into its use (of the oro)-- I need to thank them (So, thank you). Hindsight even over a short time provides a multitude of varying introspective thoughts. At this point I've made peace with my decisions. As beautiful and rare as this bike is--it will never live up to “this”. And, by "this" I mean communication, intelligence, self-awareness, and especially the gift of human thought. Before I was 23 I served in combat as a medic in the most awful capacity during the early years of the Iraq war, bought my own home, and earned two bachelor’s degrees in hard science. Right now I’m neck deep in a neuroscience PhD -studying the very illness that has afflicted me and my friends. This bike is very dear to me. And, I’m a very proud owner of it. But, if one considers the true scale, these bikes are not worth their weight in human life. As cliché as it very much so sounds, and you are probably are already aware: there is more to life than our esoteric niche of bad ass bikes. Have I not paid enough dues to ride it?

Now with that being said, does anyone have more leads on this part?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thank you. I understand your concern and I hate that my decisions upset you but, as you said it is my money--or was rather, before I bought it.

Since the first post, I've tried to communicate my personal situation in an attempt to embody my exact position. If I saw the question: "Do I ride an investment bike?" I would have said/written no immediately without hesitation too.
But the few persons, just a few years back when I was incredibly eager, who guided me into its use (of the oro)-- I need to thank them (So, thank you). Hindsight even over a short time provides a multitude of varying introspective thoughts. At this point I've made peace with my decisions. As beautiful and rare as this bike is--it will never live up to “this”. And, by "this" I mean communication, intelligence, self-awareness, and especially the gift of human thought. Before I was 23 I served in combat as a medic in the most awful capacity during the early years of the Iraq war, bought my own home, and earned two bachelor’s degrees in hard science. Right now I’m neck deep in a neuroscience PhD -studying the very illness that has afflicted me and my friends. This bike is very dear to me. And, I’m a very proud owner of it. But, if one considers the true scale, these bikes are not worth their weight in human life. As cliché as it very much so sounds, and you are probably are already aware: there is more to life than our esoteric niche of bad ass bikes. Have I not paid enough dues to ride it?

Now with that being said, does anyone have more leads on this part?
Best thing I've read all week. And I personally prefere these sorts of bikes to be locked in display cabinets and never used, but can't fault your argument or reasons. Respect :yo:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Well stated Johnny, well stated, but very respectfully, re-read my post on your thread. Most certainly you've earned the privilege to spend you money as you wish. You are a respected grown man with the intellect to make your own decisions.

You bought the Mona Lisa, took the painting out for a ride on your sailboat, and got a little salt damage.........your perogative, but as an art aficionado, I wish you hadn't.

Veeeery unfortunately here, my initial concerns have born out. Also, please note that I have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last 40 plus years feeding my motor head desease. I'm hoping you don't make as many mistakes as I have.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one, but it is not new. Try JDS.

If he has one are you going to send me or him $100?
I can't get a hold of him?

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
I can't get a hold of him?
Why ?... I'm easy enough to find..:laughing:

Sorry to hear about your spill and I hope only your pride was damaged..

I'm not sure what side mag frame plate your after, but if it's the one on the exhaust side, then that's different on the Brutale from the F4 Oro models.. I think you can use the Brutale on the F4's, but not vice versa.. It might be worth check with MV on this point..

I know where there was 1 new exhaust side Mag frame plate for a Brutale, but this was over a couple of years back.. I could email the people and see if they still have it.. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Let me know if you can't get sorted..

Cheers
John

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Good news and bad news.. Yes they still have that new part sitting on the shelf..but it' not cheap..

If your mag frame plate isn't fractured, then I advise to have it repaired..

However, if you defo want a new part, then I can get it for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My insurance company won't repair it-- they only want to replace it! Anyway, how much are we talking-- you can PM the price if you want to. Regardless, but that beotch on reserve while I wrangle progressives checkbook. Thank you so damn much. I owe you and I suppose CAG as well. Luckily money grows on trees. I can't convey how excited I am about this-- it's been over a year in a shop waiting on this. I suspect it's ~3.5k?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also def. want it new.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts