MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't started taking the bike apart yet, but it looks like the valve cover can be removed from the top. Is it as simple as it looks - remove tank, remove airbox, change valve cover gasket? Are there any complications I should be aware of?

PS What's a good place to order a new gasket online? My local dealer hasn't been great getting MV parts in stock...

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
use a light film of silicone seal all the way around the gasket top and bottom.......i know what the book says

put sealer on the cover bolts too

do your self a favor and do it my way.......unless you like resealing it:naughty:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
On an F4 taking the throttle bodies off makes it real easy and doesn't take long either !!

:popcorn:

Yes Yes.............I know the chain is a bit slack Dave!!​

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
tokesSV;
the link is unreadable.....on my IMac

big gasket p#800087756 1 req
o-rings p#8A0025082 8 req

from a hard copy of the 910 Brutale parts book

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
750 and 910 are same parts...all first generation F4 motors are same gaskets. It is a tight squeeze. Take off the throttle bodies as Ade suggested. Also my help to remove radiator mounts so it can move forward a bit on the hoses.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When removing the cam cover, the throttle cables have to come off and the pipe leading to the coolant reservoir can make it a bit tight.

Just make sure you cover everything such as the frame with paper tape (specially the intake track, as not to drop dirt or objects down there by accident) as it is tight slipping the cover out and it can scratch the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts