MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Ohlins electronic suspension on F4rr be replaced with manual ones? Does anyone use F4rr in competitions and replace the electronic suspension with manual ones? I know that the Ohlins suspension has its own separated ECU but use the bike dashboard for display and access to settings. Just wonder if i replace it with Ohlins manual TTX and the display shows a fault code, will it affect other functions controlled by bike main ECU?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The ECU does not talk to the ohlins. It's a basic system on the RR, it's adjustment only not dynamic control.

The answer should be you can replace it, as for error codes, if you disconnect the unit (can bus connection) see what the dash does, it will either throw an error or not. If that does not work, you could disconnect the connectors on the forks etc and see what the dash does.

I assume the ohlins use a basic closed circuit feedback based on a simple potentiometer? If so, you may need to add an appropriate resistor to the connector to say it's in mid range etc..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts