MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weight approximately 130lbs with gear and I need a softer spring on the shock. What are my options?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
22,076 Posts
Holy shit, eat some more man (TIA being a lady I presume), sorry, just joking, that's probably my two legs added together.

Okay, I have no idea, and have not seen anybody on this forum changing springs on the standard shock. I would suggest you get hold of K-Tech in the UK and ask them the question. I have no idea what the dimensions are in the F3 shock so can't even recommend an Ohlins one.

Maybe send Al at Design Corse an email and see what he can come up with, he's supplied me springs in the past.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had almost the same question with the F4 (150lbs with gear) - started looking into replacement springs, ended up just backing off almost 10mm on preload.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy shit, eat some more man (TIA being a lady I presume), sorry, just joking, that's probably my two legs added together.

Okay, I have no idea, and have not seen anybody on this forum changing springs on the standard shock. I would suggest you get hold of K-Tech in the UK and ask them the question. I have no idea what the dimensions are in the F3 shock so can't even recommend an Ohlins one.

Maybe send Al at Design Corse an email and see what he can come up with, he's supplied me springs in the past.
Yea, slighter taller and heavier than Pedrosa(@112lbs).
I did some research and some are recommending Ohlins #1091, some says #1092...so I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Talk to Dan Kyle at Kyle Racing, 866-667-4925. He helped me out with my wife's 07 Brutale 910R. We used Ohlins springs in the fork and the shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts