MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am doing a light restoration on a 150RS and amongst the issues with working on an old bike that has been mercilessly thrashed by a generation of teenagers, I have discovered that one of the rear brake shoes is broken in two, picture attached of the surviving shoe.

I have tried to find a replacement pair, without much success, but the EBC catalogue shows what looks like a likely replacement, EBC952, which is the same diameter (125mm), slightly wider (25mm vs. 20mm) and the pivot diameter looks larger, but I could probably 'engineer' it to fit.

Any thoughts or advice from someone who has been through this? I guess I could get the old shoe welded up and new linings riveted on, but then I would have to source the linings.

The only spare parts companies I have come across are Olimpiaparts, nonsolomotoguzzi and the GB MV club, but I haven't joined them, any others I should know about?

I looks forward to any advice or friendly words!

Regards Martin

East Sussex, UK

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sad, I know, but I am replying to my own message just in case anyone finds this in the future and the information is valuable.

EBC 841G shoes fit OK without modification. The EBC 952 shoes mentioned previously have been discontinued by the manufacturers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Salut Martin

Great to ask a question and respond at it, and finaly sharing it :)

Thanks ... eek-1e6fb.gif

For information, when I have to change the linings or the friction of friction discs, I give my parts at trucks or agricultural's workshop

They often have equipment for replacement

Santé

Xavier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts