MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just have a quick question for people in Australia. Can I pick up a replacement fuel filter for my '12 1090rr from the likes of repco?
I have searched the usual sources online and can only find ones located overseas. Postage is killer.
Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thx Donsy, I have to do mine soon. What about the o rings? Have you found those at all?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I'm pretty sure the fuel filter is different on the later bike, isn't the 145 for the <2010 Brutales etc ?
Oh shit, you might be right Rich, I never noticed and have not seen anybody mention it.

Let us know what you can find out please, anybody ?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
MY 10 fuel pump filter = Mahle KL 145

Oh shit, you might be right Rich, I never noticed and have not seen anybody mention it.

Let us know what you can find out please, anybody ?

Relax guys..Donsy is on the ball..:smoking:

I have an MY10 pump here and it is indeed a Mahle KL 145 filter.

Looks like a tit of a job to extricate it from the hose at the bottom..

I'd like some feedback on how that progresses.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No luck with the big one's mate, I bought some off eBay in a kit some time ago, but that link doesn't work anymore.
I used an "make it yourself" O-ring kit which I had from when I worked for Voest Alpine and made my own using O-ring glue, it's a chance I took but it's not leaked or failed at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes you can, it's a Mahle KL 145, used also by BMW.
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the reply and welcome Donsy. Planning on changing it out when I am home from work the week after next. Looking at doing the fuel lines as well. 12k service. I'll let you all know how it went.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
wtf?????

who knows how many times I've posted this......the last time was 2-14-16

you could have used search "big O-ring" and found it

Here you go:
McMaster-Carr part #s

The big fuel pump plate ones
9452K197. You get 25 for ~$8

The quick disconnect male ones
9262K141 you get 100 for ~$5
These are slightly smaller so they don't get cut

please write it down on a piece of paper :wtf:

for a fuel filter go to the auto parts store and get a WIX 33012

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
And you seem to keep forgetting that McMaster does NOT ship to Australia:stickpoke.

who knows how many times I've posted this......the last time was 2-14-16

you could have used search "big O-ring" and found it

Here you go:
McMaster-Carr part #s

The big fuel pump plate ones
9452K197. You get 25 for ~$8

The quick disconnect male ones
9262K141 you get 100 for ~$5
These are slightly smaller so they don't get cut

please write it down on a piece of paper :wtf:

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
wtf?????

And you seem to keep forgetting that McMaster does NOT ship to Australia:stickpoke.
and you keep forgetting that I ship things......it was for 3 Forums, now just 2

it costs $4.25 to get stuff to me from McMaster-Carr

I'll ship to any Forum member, you'll owe me postage to where ever the fuck you are

the reason they don't ship to Australia?????

they'd have to learn to fill Customs forms out and they only use UPS @$100/pound to

downunder:jsm:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have the large o-rings, flick me a pm if you want me to send you one - you probably won't need to change them though.

Sorry for the confusion, but to confirm the fuel filter is the same bloody part for the old and new bikes despite having a different part number!! I went parts bin diving at The MV shop in Artarmon to confirm ;-) They have the filter in stock if you can't find one.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thx for that, I will PM you. It is just a security blanket in case I stuff it during the process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can google macmaster, sign on and search the part number. They have a cad drawing of the -ring and that should help find it in Aussie or anywhere in the world. It's not that hard and educational!!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well repco couldn't help. Neither could supercheap ( no surprise! ) or autobarn. Ended up ordering one from ebay before I head back to work. On a side note, I removed the snorkels from the airbox while replacing the spark plugs and disconnected the exhaust flapper butterfly thingy, loving the noise now!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts