MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone now if any of the ducatis use the same front brake rotors as a 2007 F4R or Brutale

·
Registered
871 Posts
I believe so when I bought mine, I think I recall seeing those bikes listed under the same part #. Just call or go on site for whoever makes the pads you are looking at. Take you 10 sec instead of worrying if we know what we are talking about.

http://www.braketech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=104

#FDB2260ST for my Brutale 1078RR Which has the same Brembos as the 2007 bikes. There is an application file on the site. I use their Cobra Rotors which are pretty badass to.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Be carefull George, I wouldn't buy discs unless it states suitability for MV's, like Jason said, the pads might be the same as we share calipers, but the disc offset might be different as I know their wheel are different.

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
let me think......

the wheels are made by Brembo/Marchesini

the calipers are made by Brembo

early Ducatis use 6 bolt carriers, later are 5 bolt

MVs are 5 bolt

the carriers have different stamping patterns

the only things that count are offset and

center hole size........

just redrill the carrier bolt pattern......done 100s at Egli we had drill jigs

for doing it

like Jason said check with Braketech......Jeff is a great guy, known him

for almost 40 years

·
Super Moderator
22,099 Posts
...outside diameter and surface width also count....

Use this:

Brake Disc Dimensions.jpg

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have dealt with Jeff in the past and he has a great product. Just looking for options, easy options. Do not want to drill holes and such. Braking makes some but they are not carried in the US by the distributor. Getting a price for a special order

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Braking makes some but they are not carried in the US by the distributor. Getting a price for a special order
Would it cost much more to get them from Design Corse George ?

I have both the older and latest versions now

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
I have dealt with Jeff in the past and he has a great product. Just looking for options, easy options. Do not want to drill holes and such. Braking makes some but they are not carried in the US by the distributor. Getting a price for a special order
try Hardracing;

http://www.hardracing.com/brakes/BrakingUSA.htm

PartsUnlimited should have them too

Donsy;
you just don't understand stuff purchased outside the US can be stupid expensive

Dave the_castle's Pirelli P-Zero tires are $125 Front and $140 Rear here all day long

in NZ they are $1000 and $1400

Mitch's trade price for one Iriduim plug is $17+

here a 4 pack is $26.84 + $2.64 shipping

I just bought a MV parka out of OZ, weighs 2 lbs 6 oz, Australian postage $48.50

I can mail it back for $27.85

5 quarts of Mobil 1 20w50 PLUS a Mobil 1 oil filter($12.95) cost me $30 on sale + 9% tax

the postage from Germany on my Brutale seat was $37.70

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you need a spare rotor or something I have a 320mm rotor just sitting in my garage good condition have about 5k miles on it, just putting it out there if you need something a hurry

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you need a spare rotor or something I have a 320mm rotor just sitting in my garage good condition have about 5k miles on it, just putting it out there if you need something a hurry
Thanks but I don't need it. Bought a new set of wheels and want to have a complete set up so I don't have to change rotors if I switch wheels. Already put on a new set of Pilot Power 3s.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hey Guidptorpedo
Let me know which one you have. I maybe able to use it or match the pair for you (either way) but have a single/spare 320mm late model 07/09 model MV Brembo unit sitting around myself looking for a partner to go dancing with.:flash::hump:

Thks
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts