MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fractured in-tank line so I have fuel leaking out of the overflow hose. It is a 2015 so no warranty.
Has anyone figured out a way to repair the in-tank lines?

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
Where do you live? It's not in your profile.

In the USA your bike is covered by the Federal Emissions Law and in California by that states own law. The fuel tank leaking gas is a failure that is covered by that emissions warranty.
Tell your dealer you want a new tank.

Unless you have more than 18641 miles (30,000 Km), or the bike is over 5 years old.

Reactions: ceepee

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
These things are easier to diagnose if we know what model bike has difficulty.

We implore folks to add their model and year to a signature line for this very reason.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried to add the info you mention in the CP but have been unsuccessful. It is a 2015 Brutale 800 RR in southern California.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Go to TOOLS>USER CP>SETTINGS and OPTIONS>EDIT SIGNATURE

Pick you font and color or leave it standard. Type what you want the scroll down to SAVE SIGNATURE and poke that button.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
I believe, based on my recent experience with your issue on my 2016 Brutale 800RR, that those lines are molded into the tank shell. I had my tank replaced under warranty just this year about a month ago.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are indeed molded along with the shell but only connect to the shell at the top and bottom. I'll have to look into the emissions laws here in California and try to get it replaced by MV. My concern is that it will happen again and I'll have to buy a tank.
How long did it take to get your new tank?

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
It took about 8 months once the warranty claim was filed.

Emissions systems have a Federal 7 year warranty.

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
It took about 8 months once the warranty claim was filed.

Emissions systems have a Federal 7 year warranty.
5 years on motorcycles over 500cc.... or 30.000 Km (18641 miles) whichever comes first.

I am sure MV have corrected this problem.... All the world now has evap systems....and leaking fuel is a major liability/safety hazard.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Ah, my last calin was on a Dodge Ram catalytic converter...that's where I got the 7 years value.

Thanks for the correction, Ed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts