MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never liked the swept back rabbit ears bars of the Brutale. I just fitting Renthal fatbars and I like it much better!. Lower and flatter, and slightly wider. Looks better (in my eyes) and feels much more aggressive, like riding a bull!

I also have KTMs also so I personally love the new supermoto / dirt style bar types. Easy job, bars bolt on, pull out the brass locator pins on the switchgear and grind the dowel off on the lower throttle housing cover and bolt it all on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yep, standard fat bars. Just need smaller bar end weights but diameters are same.
Have you got a part number for the fat bars? They come in heaps of different sizes don't they?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks nice. Think it is better to grind off the dowel, instead of drilling the bars? I have seen wrecked bikes from when the throttle spins around the bars...make sure to tighten it well. I put them on my hyper in anodized red.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yeh i asked the same question, i think they are all the same size just heaps of different bends & most would be dirt bike bends.
yes - would like to get the correct dimentions ta (bends, sweap etc...)?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks nice. Think it is better to grind off the dowel, instead of drilling the bars? I have seen wrecked bikes from when the throttle spins around the bars...make sure to tighten it well. I put them on my hyper in anodized red.
I do with these as they are just a tiny bit larger than stock and have a nice black coating on them, the throttle clamp bites in very well and when tight still has a small gap between halves.

As for size I just went for the ones listed for the monster S4 as these fit.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
don't drill the bars for the locating pins......pull them, grind them off

drill the pinch bolts and safety wire them or use #242 Loctite

tighten them so you can just barely move them......dirt bike trick...

you won't break levers if you drop it

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
325 Posts
don't drill the bars for the locating pins......pull them, grind them off

drill the pinch bolts and safety wire them or use #242 Loctite

tighten them so you can just barely move them......dirt bike trick...

you won't break levers if you drop it

Noel-theknurl
Dang i thought i was the only old dirt biker on here that knew that trick!! :)
has saved me many levers in the past!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I do with these as they are just a tiny bit larger than stock and have a nice black coating on them, the throttle clamp bites in very well and when tight still has a small gap between halves.

As for size I just went for the ones listed for the monster S4 as these fit.
Hey Davman, had a look on the renthal site and they dont list them for a monster... would you be able to please post up the dimentions?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
cool so these are just your standard fat bars??, same dia as the brute?
I went the ducati S4R bars, which work well.
That's why they make chocolate and vanilla OBB. I put Brutie bars on my S4RS and removed the Maguras that came standard, because I liked the ergos of the Brutie better.

But, then again, I've been known for doing dumb things before....:green:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have never liked the swept back rabbit ears bars of the Brutale. I just fitting Renthal fatbars and I like it much better!. Lower and flatter, and slightly wider. Looks better (in my eyes) and feels much more aggressive, like riding a bull!

I also have KTMs also so I personally love the new supermoto / dirt style bar types. Easy job, bars bolt on, pull out the brass locator pins on the switchgear and grind the dowel off on the lower throttle housing cover and bolt it all on.
How does it change the riding position? Comfortable?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wider and lower basically, and flatter across the bar. I really dig it, feels great. More weight over the front and wheelies feel more controllable. Just a more aggressive feel. High speed feels better as you lean forward more. May not suit all tastes but ticks the box for me.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Ok - I have to ask.....who's every tried to put Ape-Hangers on their Brute LOL !

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Ok - I have to ask.....who's every tried to put Ape-Hangers on their Brute LOL !
crusier - you have gone mad havent you? You going to put some on for the NZ meetup in Jan??

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Just felt like it was time for someone to take the piss - LOL

...and yes...it would most definitely look f*cked up....mind you, riding around the USA seeing sports riders wearing skull helmets is almost as bad :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just felt like it was time for someone to take the piss - LOL

...and yes...it would most definitely look f*cked up....mind you, riding around the USA seeing sports riders wearing skull helmets is almost as bad :)
hehe

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts