MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to know how difficult it would be to remove the trellis frame so I can get it resprayed? Would I need a motor stand whilst the trellis frame is out? It be fairings will obviously be stripped totally. Just wanted to know the difficulty of this task?

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
You will need a way to support the motor. I built a stand with lumber to do mine. You will also need the steering steam tool to remove it. Other than that I think it is only standard metric tools and you are good to go. All of this is based off of the Pre 2010 F4 models. If you have a newer bike I am not sure but would think it would be close.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
very similar on the 2010+ F4, if i recall there is a slight different in the way the frame plates go on and off. I needed to make a driver to push through a spool on one of them. Its been a few years but its not terribly difficult either way.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
there are mounting points on the rear of the frame that stick due to corrosion so just be careful when removing the frame plates

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I should have specified that it’s for an F3 800. In order what needs to be removed? Can I remove the trellis frame without removing the frame plates and subframe or do I need to remove everything in order to remove the trellis, therefore meaning that I’d need to make a stand for the motor?
Or should I leave to job to a customs shop and pay them to do it or would that end up costing me a lot in labour hours?

·
Registered
14,202 Posts
?

1st get a bunch of cardboard boxes and bubble wrap.......
As Andrew said you can make a simple wooden engine stand
As you remove parts wrap them and put them in boxes......you'll thank me later:wink2:
OK......my Bodis cans and mid pipe are behind me in my living room and the the head pipes
are hanging from the ceiling in the garage.......but you get what I mean.....
Off the bike accidents happen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts