MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just removed the inner drilled tips, spring and packing inside the exhaust on my new Senna and after a short ride smoke came out of the exhaust. The exhaust was very hot and so was the taillight and tailsection. Has anyone done this mod? If so, is the excess heat normal as I cant remember how hot the exhaust was before the baffles were removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Do you have any pictures?

There is ALOT of heat trapped in the muffler system, this can be seen by the discolouraton of the stainless steel.

You will notice that there is alot of heat where the baffles are located inside.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I removed my tips and had plain tubes made instead of the perforated holed tubes (steel wrapped round) , i think if you dont have any tubes/baffles at all the heat will keep building on the ally tips and cause this problem, if you put the inners back in the heat willl distrbute out the end better and the problem will go way. I found it made hardly any difference except for a slightly deeper note at about 3-5k revs. My heat is no different to the original set up.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sound is too quite. I just wanted to try removing the inner tubes to see the if there was a difference The sound is better which I like but now it generates too much heat. I have decided to order a Silmotor exhaust anyway. I have two other MV's and they all have aftermarket exhausts (Blue Flame and Silmoto), in fact the performance is better than original according to the dyno results. As far as R&D...yes, they spend $ on developement however they have sound restrictions to consider and certainly does not mean that they produce the best performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts