MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not yet removed the front sproket cover. This sunday I´d like to get my hands in there and clean everything up including the chain. So is there anything I need to be aware of before removing this cover. Also I seem to have a small oil leak, it is comming out of the clutch sleeve I beleave... what may I be looking at??

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah mate take off the clutch master cylinder thing very slowly and as soon as u can grab the cluth push rod with some meddle nose pliers and do not pull it out as there is a shim on the other end and apparently it can drop into ur oil sump so be carefull that's what I was told when I did myn and I was shitting myself so take it slowly slowly catchy monkey lol ok fella

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
removing the clutch slave cylinder

Nico and Jay;
you are removing the clutch slave cylinder and then the sprocket cover try to keep the clutch push rod in as Jay said there is a shouldered bushing that fits in the bearing in the pressure plate of the clutch I doubt it will come out.....but why take a chance?

I pulled the push rod out, the bushing stayed put (I was changing the clutch and transmission so it didn't matter)

Nico;
is the slave leaking? it uses DOT 4 brake fluid, easy to tell the difference between it and oil
the seal is actually a 1 3/16" master cylinder seal not 30mm, cars use them google around

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nico and Jay;
you are removing the clutch slave cylinder and then the sprocket cover try to keep the clutch push rod in as Jay said there is a shouldered bushing that fits in the bearing in the pressure plate of the clutch I doubt it will come out.....but why take a chance?

I pulled the push rod out, the bushing stayed put (I was changing the clutch and transmission so it didn't matter)

Nico;
is the slave leaking? it uses DOT 4 brake fluid, easy to tell the difference between it and oil
the seal is actually a 1 3/16" master cylinder seal not 30mm, cars use them google around
ok so I need to pull the clutch slave first and then the sproket cover? or both of them at the same time? And I think is actually motor oil that is leaking... could it be??

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
ok so I need to pull the clutch slave first and then the sproket cover? or both of them at the same time? And I think is actually motor oil that is leaking... could it be??
Nico take off the clutch slave cylinder first as Jay said and if possible try to avoid pulling the clutch push rod out too much. Then you will be able to 'keep an eye on it' when you take off the sprocket cover.

Check out my thread if you are unsure http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47878
Cheers
Brian:)

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
It might just be an overzealous use of chain lube.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts