MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking at removing the mirrors on my F4. Anyone done this before? Just want to know how to go about it. Do I need to get anything to hold fairing down after removal of mirrors? :humpother

Thanks

Jorge :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
-Take the nose off
-Unscrew the two tiny screws at the fairing stay bottom to free the wire contacts
-fish the oval contact plate through the fairing stay hole
-Unband the wires behind the fairing stay with the black rubber bands
-Unscrew the two allen screws holding the mirror to the fairing

If you want to ride the bike with the mirrors off you'll have to use screw/nut combo or zip ties to keep the top of the fairing attached to the fairing stay.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
just as james described. it's kind of a pita to align it all when you put them back on. have someone help by holding the mirrors while you align with the faring stays, faring holes, and bolts.

alex

·
Registered
673 Posts
Always seemed odd to me that they made it dead simple to take the entire nose off, but a PITA to take the mirrors off.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
stability?
those mirrors are so short and useless, they should just be called by their real purpose...

front turn signals.

alex

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No mirrors are ok altoon....Just lift your arms and look underneath!

Another guy down here was cursing the mirrors also - he hadn't even thought about the lifting of the arms trick!

If they stuck out wide enough to be any good it would definitely spoil the look of the MV.

Remember it is Motorcycle Art!!

Maybe just get a rear view camera and screen and we wouldn't need any mirrors at all!

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Man, i thought i was MacGuyver-ish with some of the things i have come up with for this bike and my older one, but that is the tops. Great idea and you pulled it off very well. Nice work! :king:

·
Registered
926 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Chris, that is an awesome setup you have these, would you be interested in developing it?
Sure, great to share the knowledge. Where do we go from here?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I like that idea too Chris what's it cost mate and where can I get the necessary stuff please? :) Does the camera get 'cooked' in that position?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi John, its relatively inexpensive (>£200), you will need to make a loom and find a permanent live behind the fuse box (with inline fuses). As far as the heat goes, i tested the area thoroughly using temperature probes and hopefully all will be ok, i have broke a rib at the moment so cant test, very frustrating.

·
Registered
785 Posts
EVO Chris said:
Sure, great to share the knowledge. Where do we go from here?
Chris, Just read the other posting you made, firstly hope you get better soon. Secondly, we are still interested in developing this further, just have to work out how it would be mounted to a stock numberplate holder and work out a "non complicated" way to fit.

Let us know when you are riding again, and how it goes/testing etc.

We can move on from there! Get well soon.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks, yes will keep you informed....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:wave: That camara is a really good idea. :yo: More info on where to get that stuff would be great. Also, earlier on it was said that I would need some bolts and nuts or a zip tie. Is there any kind of plates that one could use to neaten up stuff? :nerd:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts