MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some info on how to Removing the Catalytic converter on a 2012 MV Agusta f4r. Can't seem to find the info here or on Google can some one point me in the direction I need to go.

Thank you.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You could always get a link pipe that doesn't have a cat.

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
cat removal?

Luis;
the later MV's have the cats welded to the head pipes
this was started earlier on Brutales than on F4s

on my '08 910R i tried to remove the welded cat.....didn't work the pipes inside the cat were curved when they needed to be straight

on the earlier F4 mid pipe you can cut the mid pipe, drill the cat out and reweld the pipe OR buy a catless mid pipe

i haven't played with the cat on a '10+

definitely mutilated some earlier pussies:wtf:

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Anarchy99,

+1 on what Donsy Said. That is exactly what I did to my bike accept I got the INOX + race ECU. Bolted on perfectly with no problems. No I am going to replace the silencers with a Bodis and let the beast out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anarchy99,

+1 on what Donsy Said. That is exactly what I did to my bike accept I got the INOX + race ECU. Bolted on perfectly with no problems. No I am going to replace the silencers with a Bodis and let the beast out.
Did you have to reset the TPS when you put the new ECU in?

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
No i did not, I did disconnect the battery of course before I took the old one off and put the new one in.

After I was done, bike fired right up, with no error codes. I did this last year sometime..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thread revive.

If you decat a 2012 F4RR do you need to retune it?

Will it run lean?

Does it through any errors?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
You should be fine although there may be some popping on deceleration. It will benefit from a remap or ecu change.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Regards to a remap, that’s just from the dealership?

I wouldn’t be going down the path of a new ecu (power commander) as that would put me over my budget.

The popping on deceleration isn’t big enough to damage the engine?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
there are people who can adjust the stock ecu maps but I do not know who in Australia. Maybe Dons knows.

A power Commander is not a ECU and is not worth the money on these bikes since it will not affect the low RPM fueling which is where the fueling is the worst.

no the popping will not do damage. It is caused by small amounts of fuel detonating in the exhaust. Some people think it sounds cool.

·
Super Moderator
22,883 Posts
Where you may experience issues is in the lean sections of the mapping. Decat will make those sections leaner and the engine will run hotter.

Reactions: iwannagofast
1 - 16 of 16 Posts