MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the front wheel of my Brutale 910S without a stand? I have a jack, but I'm not sure of a good location to use it to raise the front end to remove the wheel. I'm scheduled to take the wheels in tomorrow for new tires and need to get them off tonight. Thanks for the help.

Jason

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi

I'm loathe to put a jack under the engine and you would need to remove the lower fairing to do so.

The method I've used in the past is insert a length of steel tube through the front axle and enlist some assistant(s) to lift the pipe (and the front of the bike) while you slip some axle stands under the brake calliper mounts. Place the axle stands carefully so they don't interfere with removal of the wheel.The wheel can then be removed, reverse the process when you've reinstalled the wheel.

Protect the calliper mounts with small blocks of wood which you will need to tailor to suit your axle stands and forks.

In dire situations you can do this on your own by supporting the pipe on wooden blocks or more axle stands as you lift - push them into place with your foot.

Having said that I've just bought a frame stand...

Tony

·
Registered
301 Posts
The shop that's doing the tires should be able to do it no? I'd just let them do it as they will have the proper stands. Then just get yourself a stand for the future.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
If you have a MV rear stand, and you don't have anywhere to hang the front from, then it's perfectly fine to put supports under the engine.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts