MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I think Dainese is Italian for 'crappy zipper'. This is my second devil-logo jacket, and the second one that has suffered a zipper failure. Fortunately, this time is was an easy self fix. A master link thingus, little work with a die-grinder and it's as good as new. Better than new actually. It has moto-cool, and isn't gonna break like the flimsy stock item

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
The only thing I would be concerned with is the locking mechanism for the zipper "cart".. There is a pressure mechanism that allows the "cart" to lock into the zipper track when the pull is released/ If the pull is too thick, the zipper "cart" may not lock into place and drift opwn.....

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Geez. Always a negative nellie around ?
Not negative in the least...just being helpful if the zipper won't stay zipped.

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
I use a key chain ring .....

Reactions: zzaraxx

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As SS703 pointed out, there is more to the lowly 'zipper cart" than is obvious from mere daily use. Until I did this mod I had no idea that the locking mechanism even existed. I realized what it was and ground the chain-link thin enough to operate properly. The zipper is actually smoother with the mod than is was stock. The lock appears to be function as designed.

Zippers gonna zip.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts