MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

With the wealth of knowledge here I thought I'd ask a 'dumb' question.

How can I add an additional dash type light to my indicator circuit; the Stradale indicators in the dash are quite dim, get a lot of reflection from the sun and are not visible without me moving my head as the chin bar of the helmet is right in the way. I have left them on by mistake a few times.

This video has the right idea but I just don't know what to do ..... is it a 'me' job or an auto electrician job? I don't need a left and right just an 'it is on' reminder.

C

·
Super Moderator
22,618 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can't be fixed with hammer it's electrical

Or, you could just by a Harley...they've had self cancelling tech for years!:stickpoke
Long long time ago I had Beemers.
The engineering marvels activated left and right turn indicators with left and right buttons on left and right side of handlebar, self whatever, AND even sounded a japanese made buzzer.

A snip with wire cutter silenced the miserable chirp for good.

On the Stradale bending the dash holder to a better viewing angle could be a quick, cheap,
highly technical solution to the turn signal indicators better visibility.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both worthy suggestions and I'll try the last one first (as it were) as it's free but I doubt it would work as it's just the position.
The Harley ...... errr no thanks. I have a Kawasaki LTD 450 back in the day which had self cancelling indicators worked in distance. You got used to the distance but going motorway speed you covered the distance quickly and needed to reapply them frequently.
The plug in seems to be sensible but there isn't much info about them; it seems to work on magic and I think I'd be checking that it was cancelled automatically (until I gained trust in it so to speak). A product that I didn't know existed to be honest.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,618 Posts
There are actually several companies that do self-cancelling turn signal addons. Google is your friend here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts