MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got the Brutale, one of the mods constantly on my mind was elimination of stock bug antenna mirrors and installing bar end mirrors. One of the complications were the turn signals which are located in the mirror assembly and while the mirrors were minimally functional I kept procrastinating. Well, during a ride on the freeway, no bumps or potholes, my right side mirror decided to jettison itself. It was like a sign from above to get on with the mod.

A clean application is to relocate turn signals to left and right headlamp brackets except that I prefer to drill or irreversibly modify as little as possible (see pick below).

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As soon as I got home, I pulled off the stock instrument cover. It has LED (?) lights already installed. The idea is to connect turn signal leads to the wiring inside the instrument cover and utilize those lights as turn signals. Questions:
a) where can I get an extra factory plug connector?
b) can the lights be swapped out to yellow?

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
You want electrical connectors??? These guys have them all and more. Want to build a new wire harness? They have everything you need. All brands.

www.cycleterminal.com

Reactions: UnaRosa

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
You might want to check California Law about turn signal placement...

I mean with what you folks are doing about plastic straws, you might find yourself on death row...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to check California Law about turn signal placement...

I mean with what you folks are doing about plastic straws, you might find yourself on death row...
I thought about consulting with my attorney prior to doing this mod :surprise:

I believe Kommiefornia law requires 9 in space between the turnsignals. except for color of the flashers, this application looks stock enough to pass.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bogie & Ed - thank you for the leads (pun intended). Cyclerminal is closed until 8/12. I'll sort out what I need by then.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to thank Ed for sending me the terminals. They worked great, gave me opportunity to put dielectric grease into all connectors involved. Turn signals have been rewired and are working through existing lights in the instrument cover. I like that they look stock and no drilling or irreversible mods have been made (except that I am missing stock right mirror glass but who cares...) Brutale is road ready again :f4: and thats what counts.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
I do think they should be yellow.....

But, I like that mod!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I do agree they should be yellow. I'll try to figure something out. BTW, I plan to wrap the instrument cover so I will most likely end up pulling the lights out. Perhaps then I can get them wrapped or sprayed in yellow, will see.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I want to thank Ed for sending me the terminals. They worked great, gave me opportunity to put dielectric grease into all connectors involved. Turn signals have been rewired and are working through existing lights in the instrument cover. I like that they look stock and no drilling or irreversible mods have been made (except that I am missing stock right mirror glass but who cares...) Brutale is road ready again :f4: and thats what counts.
A really nice mod - well done.

Taking it one step further, could you keep it as a running light and convert to indicator/flasher (in yellow LED) when required ???

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Cruiser. Someone more electronically adept than me would probably be able to convert it that way. Mine do not function as running lights anymore, strictly wired for turn signals. I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the LED...

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Agreed - there a plenty of multi-function LED's out there...but I thought it would be nice if they did both !

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
79 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I’d ask here.

Does anyone know where I could find those LED units in the front cover of the 1090, or what the correct part number is? A stone hit and shattered one of mine. Can’t seem to find it on startwin or bikepartsmv.

TIA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts