MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, there is no more post in this area, which must be a good news, even if for some of us it's winter 馃檪
Can you guys share your view on reliability and your mileage, with the year construction of your TV?
I will receive mi TV Rosso in the coming weeks, I am definitively convinced that now all the issues of the first series are behind us and the bike is now very reliable. What is your opinion?

Registered
My F4 312rr was reliable but I rebuilt that myself, the TV 2015 apart from the sprag issue has been great so far.

Registered
I have a (secondhand) 2016 on 5500ks and apart from a scary service Bill in November last year (rear brake revuild/parts) loving my TV
Keep ur battery in the best condition to avoid problems
Enjoy馃弽馃弽馃弽馃弽馃弽馃弽

Registered
23,000 miles and I love my TVL. It is a wonderful sport tourer and I will never let this bike go.

Registered
I have had 2 MV's both with a 2016 800cc engines. As far as reliability is concerned it has been a mixed bag. I think that MV is currently on the right track to improve on both reliability and access to parts and service.
I also think there is room for improvement on some of the sourced items used in the build of their bikes. I really love riding them and want them to be around in the future. I recently read and article on Honda; their output is 20 million bikes a year, MV in comparison is under 5K, so all things considered MV does a pretty good job.
You will love your MV, and hopefully it will treat you well.

Registered
Excellent choice on the new steed.

So far my 2016 TVL has been more reliable than expected. I have had some issues but nothing approaching a deal breaker. When the stupid grin component is factored in, all well worth any of the small issues.

Small issues:

No Rear Brake - resolved after I actually followed the service bulletin bleeding procedure with the help of the forum - didn't miss it much other than at stop lights with a steep inclines.
Clutch Switch - R&R - no big deal, took an hour or so with some help from the forum
Clutch Basket - R&R - new basket provided by MVA, NA took an hour or so for the R&R - preventative not a failure - no big deal
Fuel Sensor - to lazy to do the R&R after getting the part. Fuel Gauge still works often enough to let me know how much is left in the tank and trip meter unaffected so no big deal
Weird Misfire - only when wet - haven't had time to figure it out yet.
Drill holes in turn signal - preventative - non-event - spent more time trying to find my smallest drill bit
LiPo Battery - consumable in my book but preventative with bonus of dropping 5 lbs or so.

MV Wish list
A US based OEM parts source with online ordering
Being able to pull the rear wheel without taking off the exhaust tips
A Dealer in the DC Metro area to drool over the new releases

I have yet to buy a bike using my head - seems the OP didn't either since he's checking on reliability post purchase. Fred93 Well done. Yes reliability is an important component but a bike needs to speak to me. To rip off an inmate from ADVrider {Thanks Mortimersickle could not have said it better} adapted from buying a new KTM:

You sit on a V-strom and think: "Nice bike, comfortable, about a hundred horse, six speed, reasonable suspension and cheap too... This bike should do everything I need it to do. This is the bike I should buy."

Then you go sit on a MV - and get an erection.

Registered
I鈥檝e had the same small issues just like #Loretto. 2016 TV with 26.000km but never left me stranded on the road. Great bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your replies. You are confirming my feelings. Hope I get my TV soon.
Fred

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Yes true, And Alps too. I did a big tour of 4000km this summer with my previous bike during a week going up and down the Alps, it was very nice (Aprilia Dorsoduro 900)

Registered
Welcome Fred to the forum, go and get it.I have mine around 9 months and even though I haven't used it as much as I should have I love it.They are a great bike.

Registered
Only reason I would change my TV would be to upgrade to another TV and perhaps add an F3 RC 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Marko for the info. I never had a Facebook account. Maybe it's the moment to create one : )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts