MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I am considering trading my 2015 TV for a 2017 model. Maybe even an RC. (Its grown on me!) BUT I am more than a little bit fed up of all the issues I've had with the original TV. I'm an hoping that the lessons learned on the first bikes mean that reliability of the 2ng gen will be so much higher. I'd appreciate hearing from the guys out there with the new model on any issues they have had so far.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the 2017 TV is more reliable than the previous gen. My only issues are the rear indicators and the red ignition switch which was wonky after a thunderstorm. 4500 km now since March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
1100 miles. 2017 TVL RC . No issues. You may want to check the availability of the RC. I bought mine from Motocorsa. They apparently tried to order another and were told all 250 have been sold. FWIW, i replaced my old KTM990 for the new 1290SA S 6 months ago. Nothing but issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ditto

just ticked over 4000 kms today only issue is left hand rear indicator on my 17 TVL
Same here. Just on 4,000 km. Left rear indicator stopped about 6 weeks ago. Parts seem to take half a lifetime to get to Brissie. She dropped a smidge of fluid on the first couple of days, but I ignored that. No other issues, though, and love the bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 17 tv with 11,000 klms has had both rear indicators replaced, am waiting on rear brake issue to be dealt with, can stand on the rear brake pedal and very little happens, has been bled by service agents, waiting on parts. My ABS has issues, Front speed warning. Waiting on parts for this. Nice bike but it gets tiring waiting and wondering what will go next.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Prendo

Sorry about the late answer. Yes I have ridden in 38 degree weather and the TV is okay if it's moving but it doesn't like it ( temp level very high) and in traffic it is on the far extreme of coping. It's come up with the high temp warnings, usually after the engine is off. The service agent said "MV's run hot". I don't think the '17 model is any different in that respect.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It does stand up. The red light could come on if it is 38 and sitting at a long light, then another and another. Otherwise, it is good. Keep it moving best you can. My KTM did the same until I put some Engine Ice in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts