MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
It was a decision on generalities. Because of some (minor it may be) differences, and the attempt from MV to show it as an "entirely new machine"- I decided to split it up into two categories.

Maybe with more user feedback we can decide to place it together
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
It makes sense to have them separate. There are some sublime (as well as recurring issues) with the Evo3 engine, that apparently do not occur with previous models. I vote to keep them as is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My suggestion...

If you are going to separate them, do them all. This way makes no sense IMO. What specific "sublime" differences do you mean? Paint codes?

It would be like splitting them by colour for any F4 750 into Rosso/Corsa and Diamante or the 1000 having a special section for the blue/silver or matte black...

Perhaps splitting them all makes the most use of the type of thing this registry should accomplish. In this way owners of the same type can contact the correct others for input/help/etc? This way also gives good contrast to see now the numbers add up as the years go by. I know the first year 2000 were sold out very quickly..perhaps this would be some interesting detail, 2001 had higher numbers to meet demand, 2002 shortages, 2003 ramping back up, Brutale startup, sustaining, 1000 startup and then sustaining, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Good idea JamesC, I think a year by year record of unit numbers and the possible reason for this would be a great history and audit trace in years to come...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
registry categorization

"Sublime" as in minor ignition and idle problems. Most mechanics I have talked to tell me this only occurs with the Evo3 models. Most of us who do experince it simply learn to live with it.
My suggestion was not meant to start any bickering. I am happy to go along with anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
Here is the thing with the registry-

I have coded it into the database with unlimited potential. They are very detailed (as you can see when you submit your MV to the registry). With that information, (and with time), I will be able to code up a lot of different aspects with the database (such as you mentioned, the year-by-year contrast).

First thing first, the more entries to the registry, the better the statistics. I push hard for this, and with over 500 members on this site, lets get going people :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MarcoM3 said:
minor ignition and idle problems. Most mechanics I have talked to tell me this only occurs with the Evo3 models. Most of us who do experince it simply learn to live with it
Can you start a topical thread on this and describe exactly what you mean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to repeat my request to split the 750 by generations.

This was a time when changes were made step by step. The logical grouping is as follows:

-2000/2001
-2002 EVO2
-2003 EVO3

I would have grouped the EVO2/3 bikes together but can concede that there may legitimate questions on paint code differences between the two (otherwise identical bikes).

I want to know the bike people are asking about, as displayed in their profile, so I can answer with more specific information. It makes a difference.

I will add that I suspect you will need to do the same grouping of 2004-2006 1000's and will have to split it as above for 2007+ 1000 bikes.



If you like, because it will be a lot of work, I can contact all of the 750 owners in their registry entries to find out if their bike is a 2000/2001 or a 2002, since you already have the 2003 split out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
JamesC said:
I want to repeat my request to split the 750 by generations.

This was a time when changes were made step by step. The logical grouping is as follows:

-2000/2001
-2002 EVO2
-2003 EVO3

I would have grouped the EVO2/3 bikes together but can concede that there may legitimate questions on paint code differences between the two (otherwise identical bikes).

I want to know the bike people are asking about, as displayed in their profile, so I can answer with more specific information. It makes a difference.

I will add that I suspect you will need to do the same grouping of 2004-2006 1000's and will have to split it as above for 2007+ 1000 bikes.



If you like, because it will be a lot of work, I can contact all of the 750 owners in their registry entries to find out if their bike is a 2000/2001 or a 2002, since you already have the 2003 split out.
James, if you click on this link:
http://mvagusta.net/registry/1002
It'll also give you the year...(if that's what you're after).
p.s. thanks for your considerate effort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
Okay. I will look into the most efficient method for getting this done. The years are there so they should be easy to negotiate. There is a bit of backend that needs to be adjusted for this to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
if we do that we need to split the Gladio listings by engine (as I suggested once before)

a 750 Gladio and a 910 Gladio are NOT the same bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
Triple Seven said:
if we do that we need to split the Gladio listings by engine (as I suggested once before)

a 750 Gladio and a 910 Gladio are NOT the same bike
Actually, no we don't need to make the change if I go through with the F4 change. All you wish to do is to add "910" under your avatar. I wish to keep the Gladio kits together to see the numbered progression. You can place 910 in your registry profile in the description if you wish, and those interested in finding out if you have a 750 or 910 can do so by clicking on your profile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
admin said:
Actually, no we don't need to make the change if I go through with the F4 change. All you wish to do is to add "910" under your avatar. I wish to keep the Gladio kits together to see the numbered progression. You can place 910 in your registry profile in the description if you wish, and those interested in finding out if you have a 750 or 910 can do so by clicking on your profile.
Do whatever you want. Just makes sense, by your logic nothing should be segregated by engine size then. Your site big guy. :jerkoff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
Triple Seven said:
Do whatever you want. Just makes sense, by your logic nothing should be segregated by engine size then. Your site big guy. :jerkoff:
Actually, again, no. By my logic, special kits such as the gladio, and corse, are not segregated by engine size. A bit of a small detail there. You can specify your engine size in your registry profile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have given this some thought:

F4S 750
F4S 750 EVO2/3

To me that makes the most sense based on all merits of the bikes. The EVO2 and EVO3 bikes are the same except for paint codes and a couple of things so small only the geekiest would know.

This way you could just change the title of the Registry link and then add all the EVO2 owners to the same group. Here they all are as of Oct 31, 2006:

duke
darthmvader
stradaboy
evsmotors
bob
Nevermore
F4-Nick-1+1
style_one
kamranmarashi
Gerard Beck
desmoworks
RogueTrader
markskysurfer
limarxy
amarzano
nvmymv
UA_Agusta
Matty
NOMOEVO
RoyB
Col3man
eMoto UK
benzo_76
ducracer18
francescortcosworth
DwightMitchell
Steve
noisysilmotoman
cazneck
ten~39
cetro993


I noticed my registry link is listed as 1999 instead of 2002 for some reason, there are also a number of others as 1999 (19 total) but this would be EXTREMELY rare IMO for an F4S, if there were any at all. Was there some mistake in the sw here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Sir, split the Gladio by engine size also. Consistency! If you are interested in seeing how the Gladio line progress, just add the two numbers!

Regards

Johnnie

admin said:
Actually, no we don't need to make the change if I go through with the F4 change. All you wish to do is to add "910" under your avatar. I wish to keep the Gladio kits together to see the numbered progression. You can place 910 in your registry profile in the description if you wish, and those interested in finding out if you have a 750 or 910 can do so by clicking on your profile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
admin said:
Okay. I will look into the most efficient method for getting this done. The years are there so they should be easy to negotiate. There is a bit of backend that needs to be adjusted for this to happen.

Is this part of the current updates? As above I listed all of the affected members up to that point. Let me know if I need to provide more help.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top