MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little sun, a bit of a ride, a little falling out and it is time to renew the rear seat.
Refreshment is achieved, the red seat is now much more like paint on a motorcycle and the surface of the material has a "carbon fiber" look that is very noticeable :naughty:
This afternoon I spent approx. one hour of work and this is the result.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you get the 12" by 55" size they sell? I just measured my rear seat and it is real close to the 12", perhaps not enough to wrap around. Also, did you use a heat gun and or glue or just staple it?
Thanks,
ZZ

·
Registered
694 Posts
The site says the material is waterproof but breathable. I'm thinking it will allow water through to the foam and seat pan. Of course, that's not really a problem if you keep the bike away from water.

It looks great. Gives me all kind of ideas about what I would like to put it on!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@zmz rider
I do not know the exact size of the material because I bought this piece from a friend who made a mistake in the order so he had the material for at least another 4 seats :)
I didn't use heat gun or glue because there is no need, I just overlapped the edge and staple it. The material is thinner than the original and easy to shape.

@ oldbutspry
I have not tried to test the material with water, but I'll try soon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I washed the bike, unfortunately a bit of water passes through the material and soaked a sponge, so it's not a recommendation for the driver's seat.
If I decide to try again (I have just enough material) I will certainly put a layer of flexible plastic sheet in between.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts