MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently me.. or so the dealer says :blah:

with all the dealer talk theses days about these bikes and the delays etc etc.. who really knows.

but either way, my dealer told me today when i spoke with him that my Red & Silver is VIN # 1 here in the US.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
sounds like BS to me. If you were getting a Oro and your palate was 001/200 I would understand that but a standard production by, not so much.

My VIN ends in 001312, whatever that means in the packing order.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My last 4 are 1295

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
sounds like BS to me. If you were getting a Oro and your palate was 001/200 I would understand that but a standard production by, not so much.

My VIN ends in 001312, whatever that means in the packing order.
Whats a palate?? Your's is the 1312th one made if they do the VINS like cars.
One off from 1313!! Shit!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Whats a palate?? Your's is the 1312th one made if they do the VINS like cars.
One off from 1313!! Shit!
Isn't that how you say Plate in italian? Ask Al.

1312 bikes produced in 2012 let alone F3? That doesn't seem to make sense.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we shall see what my VIN ends in.. all he said is its VIN # 1 of all US registered Red & Silver F3's. like I said.. probably BS but we'll see.

·
Administrator
19,853 Posts
Well...there is a red and silver F3 in Charlotte NC available....but it arrived with shipping damage to the fuel tank......if I remember, the VIN was around 1300 in the production sequence....2013 model anyway.
The guy who had it ordered wouldn't accept it as they had to order a replacement fuel tank for it, so he bailed.....now available.....I am sorely tempted to go deeply into debt...

·
Registered
570 Posts
That was me esq'z me that had a deposit on the bike in charlotte. Go for it. Go buy it. I just could not bring myself to pick up a brand new bike with damage.italy is shut down tis month so it will be awile before they can get replacement tank and tail section. Was lucky and got one from a dealer closer to me.

·
Administrator
19,853 Posts
The damage was very minor....and the tail appeared OK. With the correct decals (available...mostly same as older models) my painter could have it looking like new in a week....(they do exotic cars...you would never be able to tell there had been damage when they finish....."color codes??? we don't need those, we make our own paint")....

They would give me a nice discount if I wanted it....must resist temptation !!!

They had an extra white one, too....but it was already sold before I visited (the day after they told me!!!)

·
Registered
570 Posts
With a nice discount and access to be able to fix it on your own you have no reason not to buy it. I'm to anal about things when it comes to my toys. If I'm spending top dollar I want top notch.they didn't offer me a discount. They offered for me to take the bik and tey would get a replacement tank and tail as soon as they could under warranty.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Do it!! We're in the twilight of our lives and I've heard we're "doomed" anyway.
"He who dies with the most toys wins"
No, he who dies is DEAD! :jsm:
It’s the widow’s next husband who is the winner. :naughty:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How does it get damaged anyway? Did they drop the crate lid on it? They are packaged very well. When we opened my 1078 crate that thing was wrapped up very well.

This was after we took all the covering of of it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts