MV Agusta Forum banner

Red light in the clocks - possible?

3K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  eduardo 
#1 ·
I asked my ex- mechanic (the one that kept my bike for 7 month to repair a few stuff...!) to get a red bulb in the clocks, as it had no light at all, on both sides.
He did do it, but I can hardly see anything with it, of so weak it is. Does anyone knows what king of bulb could be fit in a way that I could read what´s showing in there?
And that was on the left side. As for the the right side (rpm), which is also pitch black, he mumbled something that it was not possible to get some bulb in there...yeah, right...
Could any of you tell me if it´s possible to get a red light on both sides?

Thanks
Ed

#5 ·
Hi John

Trying to get them in UK, the Goldstar ones. Can´t seem to find them. Do you or anyone know where to find them in UK?..or elsewhere in europe?
Thanks
Ed
The bulbs are used for: interior instrument panel dash dashboard gauge clock indicator warning area ash automatic beam belt box bulb bulbs check cluster courtesy dial engine general glove ignition led light low map overhead radio step switch transmission tray under The bulbs are used in: automotive custom auto supplies boat car hid motorcycle parts automobile oem replacement cars factory

Goldstar #74 5630 6X Samsung Voltage: 12-28v

Beam Angle: 270o Polarity Bias: No
8mm dia. x 19mm overall Base thickness = 1.6mm Outfitted with 6x new 5630 leds which are 40% brighter

#4 ·
I've done it mate

These are now off the bike and I had this fitted a lot better and a real modern look

Wow, I remember seeing those clocks you´ve mounted, the aftermarket ones (can´t remember the name, but the price I do and it´s out of my league for the moment). But the standard ones with the red light look very cool already. I´ll check later the references JDS gave me. Thanks, man

#11 ·
Found them! By old posts from you I found that I need a T3 and a T5 LED neo wedge bulbs.

Ebay is selling them for 1.99€ each. If I´m wrong, please tell me.:stickpoke

Tomorrow morning I´m ordering them. :mouthwate
Took me ages to find an english ebay to sell them, most are american or australian - with the shippping and taxes to Portugal (yeah, we pay a tax on top of everything that comes from overseas...ridiculous:bandit:), it would come out in 50€ or so. :bawling:

Did you realize that the LED in green is nice too ? My bike is red, white and black. So with the green dash it would give it a hint of italian flavour..:smoking: Maybe I go for it. And it´s softer to your eyes when you´re riding. I guess.

Thank you for your support :yo::yo::

Have to keep riding my 1976 50cc vespa for a bit longer...:moped:......and wait ... :popcorn:

#13 ·
Glad you got sorted Ed..

I’m a Da Silva.... Born in Lisboa in the district of Sebastiao Da Pedreira ... There’s hundreds of thousands of us Ed :).. India, Africa, Middle East, Goa , Brazil.. Probably one of the most common names around the World..

The most famous Da Silva worldwide was Brazilian Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna Da Silva. :yo:

My auntie has a place in Carvoeiro and one of my cousins lives in Quinta do Lago.. If I ever get a chance to visit them, I’ll send you a pm and hopefully we can meet up for a drink and watch a Fado :laughing:

#17 ·
No worries, man, already ordered them in ebay by 1.99 each, and, surprise, ordered in green! Sure it´s gonna be awesome!
I´ll be careful with those screws! :jsm:

Ordered at the same time the race water pump at Design Corse, and more Engine Ice.
It´s going to freeze inside that engine aha! :freezing:

Cheers, mate

#18 ·
Hey, guidptorpedo, have a surprise...I ordered in green!
So we´ll see how it looks in the end.

To see the light in red just check out Woodster posts, a couple of days ago, I guess. It´s got the photos of the dashboard in red. Looks veeeery nice!!

#20 ·
Hi there

The bulbs came a couple of weeks ago, but they didn´t fit the original fitting. I can´t remember where I got the tip about the " F3" and "F4" reference, but just didn´t work.

So I going to need the exact reference for these LEDs, cause we´ve seen them mounted on pics here in the forum. Let me do some surch later tonite. From the moment I ordered the bulbs until they came was super fast, maybe 4 or five days (sent to Portugal!).

Let u know soon what´s the reference for those bulbs.
I´m glad they were cheap, like 1.5 euros each...

Ed :yo:

#22 ·
Hold on... I just read your post about having the leds in blue in your bike...So you can tell me what´s the exact reference, right?! And where, in case they were bought in Europe. Where are you from, anyway?
It´s not saying in your avatar.
Cheers
Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.