MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the closure of Forza Italia in Silverstone, the middle of England has been a bit of a black hole for MV dealerships.

Having been told that the ex Forza Italia tech (Andy) has set up on his own a few miles away from the old Silverstone site, I decided to let him loose on my F4.

Thoroughly recommended - super nice guy, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and sensible prices to boot.

If my bike ever needs anything doing that I can't do myself, I will not hesitate to use Andy.

Contact details

Andy - Cocoa Café Classics
Unit 14 York's Farm Business Centre
Towcester, NN12 8EU

07876 711812

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Cheers, Hawk. That really is handy for those of us in the Midlands. Towcester is an hour from me which would be an hour well spent rather than have to frequent another MV dealer a similar distance in the other direction. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thanks, that's useful. Not that much less of a trip for me than Moto Corsa who I've been using for a while now, still a day out on the bike whichever option. Moto Corsa usually give me a bike to play on whilst mine's being worked on which swings it for me. Plus I feel, maybe falsely, that building a rapport/relationship with a dealership/workshop is beneficial in the longer term.

My next service will be the big one, including valve clearances, probably in August, not looking forward to the bill on that one.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Plus I feel, maybe falsely, that building a rapport/relationship with a dealership/workshop is beneficial in the longer term.
Don't think it's false at all. I firmly believe smaller enterprises still rely on 'cultivated relationships' to achieve their long-term goals. For the conglomerates, however, we are dispensable.:frown2:

My next service will be the big one, including valve clearances, probably in August, not looking forward to the bill on that one.
Might be apples and oranges, but I recently had a big one (16,000 miles) done on my 2011 Blade, which included valve clearances, plugs, air filter, etc. £438.00 (US$587.00). Selling a kidney in the Philippines for the next one!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Andy is indeed great for anything that does not need a computer, so re-flashing and updates are out for starters, a real shame, especially as I may well have been Forza Italia's last new bike delivery, two weeks later they had gone.
I am using Krazy Horse at Bury St. Edmunds who are great on the service side but it means delivering my bike to them and returning a couple of days later to collect it, not ideal.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Might be apples and oranges, but I recently had a big one (16,000 miles) done on my 2011 Blade, which included valve clearances, plugs, air filter, etc. £438.00 (US$587.00). Selling a kidney in the Philippines for the next one!

Dare I say it; I think that's going to be cheap in comparison to the 18,000 mile one on the TV, we'll see, bracing myself for a hefty invoice. Added to which I'll need to book into a hotel for the night as they want it cool and for a full day. I'll hopefully deliver in the afternoon, collect a loan bike and return the following afternoon to collect. Not too sure if they'll let me have one of their demo bikes overnight though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts