MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering has anyone recoated there plastic tank to protect it from Ethanol and what did you use i'm in the uk did this with my last 910 and used Flowliner anyone used other products .

·
Registered
418 Posts
MV Raptor, sorry to hijack your thread, but QLDer's, do you guys think this issue will affect us now that we have a 3% ethanol mandate? The papers were reporting last year that some station were going to have to remove unleaded and/or premium unleaded pump in order to meet the target quota for 30% of total sales to be 10% ethanol based fuel (to meet the 3% ethanol target).

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
MV Raptor, sorry to hijack your thread, but QLDer's, do you guys think this issue will affect us now that we have a 3% ethanol mandate? The papers were reporting last year that some station were going to have to remove unleaded and/or premium unleaded pump in order to meet the target quota for 30% of total sales to be 10% ethanol based fuel (to meet the 3% ethanol target).
Not just Queenslanders, Ethanol is already all over Australia, and often in bigger quantities than reported.
@GREGOSTINI, which product did you use ?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not just Queenslanders, Ethanol is already all over Australia, and often in bigger quantities than reported.

@GREGOSTINI, which product did you use ?
Yes Dons, I believe NSW has a 5% mandate for a few years now, I did read an RACQ press release about making sure a particular car was ethanol compatible before fueling up in NSW using one of the ethanol pumps. We have had E10 (10% ethanol) in QLD for a while too, but they existed along side non-ethanol fuels, AND there was no mandate. Because there 'was' no mandate, take up has been really slow (the ABC reports 1%), so now it's made mandatory and it's 3%, so fuel retailers are having to ensure 30% of their total sale is E10. Some stations are saying they will have to restrict non-ethanol fuel sale to meet the 30% mandate.

I don't think WA and SA have a mandatory regime currently.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well this dose seem to be an interesting topic, That caswell's stuff i would have to import not payin $54 and $54 shipping plus any
import taxes but it looks good stuff . will stick with the Flowliner which I used on last bike my 910r i am just that kind of guy if i see a problem i find a solution
and fix it .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there,

In NSW we only have ethanol on the 91 Octane fuel, the 95 and 98 Octane is ethanol free. There is always an ethanol free option as It shouldn't be used in boats, and your garden equipment won't like it either.

All the bikes run on 98 in our place.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi there,

In NSW we only have ethanol on the 91 Octane fuel, the 95 and 98 Octane is ethanol free. There is always an ethanol free option as It shouldn't be used in boats, and your garden equipment won't like it either.

All the bikes run on 98 in our place.
You should run 95 if you have Ethanol free option, you bikes not tuned for 98 so you're really just wasting money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You should run 95 if you have Ethanol free option, you bikes not tuned for 98 so you're really just wasting money.
I have an aftermarket ECU in the Hayabusa, it has been tuned for 98 Octane with fuel and ignition maps. The BMW gets it out of habit.

I just purchased the wife an R3, it got 98 out of habit too, but it only took 9L to fill it :smile2:

Don't yet own an MV to understand it's fuel requirements.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
another job done just recoated tank can now mark that off my list of to do,s
used Flowliner much the same as caswell and half the price .

·
Administrator
20,402 Posts
I like KBS Coatings. Basically a metal epoxy catalyzed when you open the can. Leaves the interior with a metallic surface.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts