MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited haven't been able to sleep all week so god help me tonight LOL :yo:

Here are the mods I have ready for her:

LED rear indicators

Carbon rear hugger

Carbon instrument covers

Carbon heel guards

Carbon injector covers

Carbon key cover

Venture shield stone chip protector (Full)

Metal impeller fans

Rad protector by FAB designs

Tail tidy

I will post pictures as soon as she's complete. Also if there is anyone in the Dorset area who fancies a ride out in the summer would be great to meet up.:f4::drummer:

Regards

998Steve

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
Congrats!!! I remember the sleepless nights before i got mine as well. Totally worth it!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Mate I completely know how you are feeling. I was in Dallas when I bought my bike which was in California. My brother was the middleman running to the dealership every other day and keeping me posted. It was really really tough but it was like something huge to look forward to :) Congrats on the purchase! Nice list of mods!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, have you made any mod's that have made a difference. I need a de-cat pipe to help gas flow and with the impellers help keep her cool (as I know is a big issue). I see many people have put PC111's but I'm not Rossi and will hardly be able to ride her to it's full protential as it is. How many here have had a prob with the rad splitting/leaking due to vibes?

Safe riding chaps :0)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and the mods you chose!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new bike. In 2008 I wanted 6 months for a bike. Ordered it July 1st and took delivery Dec 19th! So I surely relate to your impatience and sleepless nights!

Not long to wait now! :brutale:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Thanks guys, have you made any mod's that have made a difference. I need a de-cat pipe to help gas flow and with the impellers help keep her cool (as I know is a big issue). I see many people have put PC111's but I'm not Rossi and will hardly be able to ride her to it's full protential as it is. How many here have had a prob with the rad splitting/leaking due to vibes?

I have done the full titanium arrow swap so that got rid of the mid pipe issue for me. Plus the bike sounds a lot better :D Also I swapped out the coolant to water wetter for example because i have tracked mine a couple of times and noticeably the bike was performing a lot better with the temps. It gets hot still at times but it does not ever get to the point where it is flashing the temps on the display. I am sure that along with your impeller mod will do wonders for you. Oh yeah not to mention the cat or lack thereof will help you keep your bike cooler.

As for other mods, carbon fiber seems to be the way to go. I recently got my carbon gas tank painted. Still have to pick it up though argh.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Good luck with the new toy.
Fitting a Power Commander will help whether you ride it like you stole it or not, makes the fuelling much smoother if mapped properly.

Brian

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I forgot to mention the MV race ecu. That gets rid of the 5k rpm flat spot and the bike feels a lot better throughout the revs. I think you still need a PC3 on top of it to smoothen out the on-off fuelling

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
Steve, tell me that most of those bikes in your album were once yours! The RC30, and the R7 especially. Two very nice machines!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You never see those R7 ,s for sale.
The RC30 i sometimes see for sale but an R7 , hard to find bike i guess :wtf:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
One of my first loves was the Yamaha R7...and especially when Nori Haga was riding them. I also had a wsbk game for the PC which was quite realistic and that had Nori riding the Aprilia and Corser I think riding the R7 (cant remember specifically). I would inevitably go for the R7.

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
I have never seen a R7 in person, but if that is his bike, he has quite a brake setup as well!!:mouthwate:mouthwate

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Congrates steve, Excellant choice the 1000R.

First few things we did on our F4R:

1. Modified water Impellers
2. Fan Blades Aluminium
3. Engine iCE
4. MV Corse Race Ecu
5. PCIII With Dyno and Map.

If you get PCIII Let us know we have Customised Dyno Maps for diffrent settings.

Enjoy

Al

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys unfortunatly the R7 & the RC30 is a NC30. The R7 is one of my customers bikes and as you say rare as rocking horse s*&t.

Al where can I get the water impellers from? I have the alloy rad fans already.

And to all that have congratulated me a BIG thank you ;0)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts