MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just seen the recall on the F4R 1000 on the home page.
My bike falls in the chassis number for the recall.
Cant say I'm too impressed,given up a perfect Fireblade for this.
I hope there are no more probs.I know the recall isnt major as it states"possible problem"but its hard to digest when you expect perfection for the price!
Anyone else got a chassis number in the range stated?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
What page are you looking at?

·
Registered
276 Posts
well, my dealer in Madrid have just told me that is just the TENSIONER, and it is easy to replace.

Any bikes had broken the tensioner between the 5.000 km and 10.000 km (it is just an estimation).

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
MADRIDF4R said:
well, my dealer in Madrid have just told me that is just the TENSIONER, and it is easy to replace.

Any bikes had broken the tensioner between the 5.000 km and 10.000 km (it is just an estimation).
From what I have been told no bike has had a failure but the factory saw a bike that gave them concern enough to issue this recall.

·
Registered
126 Posts
has there ever been a bike, car, or plane for that matter in the history of the world that has not had a recall or design defect of some type ??? no big deal - I am glad they told everyone

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ozboy said:
I've just seen the recall on the F4R 1000 on the home page.
My bike falls in the chassis number for the recall.
Cant say I'm too impressed,given up a perfect Fireblade for this.
I hope there are no more probs.I know the recall isnt major as it states"possible problem"but its hard to digest when you expect perfection for the price!
Anyone else got a chassis number in the range stated?
Do not worry§

I had the problem and it's already solved.

The problem is that the tensioner is too weak for the R engine. the Standerd tensioner is the one of the 750 and 1000s. But as the valve timming is different of the R and the tensions are stronger on the spring you might get a rateling noise from the chain like I had. To solve the problem they put the Tensioner of the Tamburini. that's all and problem solved!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all
My F4R is in the range of vin numbers affected, but I have not found where exactly is the recall announcement in the MV Agusta web site.

Can anyone tell me where can I find it?? because I want to go to my Dealer and ask them for explanations...because as always, they never know nothing.

Regards

Zar

·
Registered
276 Posts
ZAR said:
Hi all
My F4R is in the range of vin numbers affected, but I have not found where exactly is the recall announcement in the MV Agusta web site.

Can anyone tell me where can I find it?? because I want to go to my Dealer and ask them for explanations...because as always, they never know nothing.

Regards

Zar
De momento creo que es una circular interna para los concesionarios y distribuidores, y no se ha publicado en la web. :violin:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rockethouse said:
:jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Shit happens but lets keep it real....

your MV is way more than any fireblade could hope to be.
Sorry man just got a little flustered when I saw 'recall' on the home page.
I'm still madly in love with MV!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sventekoz said:
What page are you looking at?[/QUOTE
Home page.IT looks as though its the 06 models,but I would say the tensioner in the 07 models would be the same.
Fingers crossed and keep your eyes peeled for more info on this site.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Well, I took my bike in to the dealer to have the 600mi service done. Dropped it off at 9am and was supposed to have it back at 5pm. Well, I get a call from the dealer saying they can't complete the job today. He said my valves were out of spec and they need to be adjusted. He went on to say that there was an update for the cam chain tensioner that my bike needed. I didn't get into too many details because I was hanging out with my family. But the gist of what I got he said that for some bikes that were ridden hard they needed the new cam chain tensioner :wtf: . My bike falls outside the affected VIN numbers listed in this service bulletin. The dealer said that they will contact Cagiva USA on tuesday and determine how long it will take to get the part etc. Bottom line is my bike is in San Francisco awaiting a cam chain tensioner and it has a higher VIN than the one listed. I don't know what the deal is but will clarify on tuesday.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RobP said:
Well, I took my bike in to the dealer to have the 600mi service done. Dropped it off at 9am and was supposed to have it back at 5pm. Well, I get a call from the dealer saying they can't complete the job today. He said my valves were out of spec and they need to be adjusted. He went on to say that there was an update for the cam chain tensioner that my bike needed. I didn't get into too many details because I was hanging out with my family. But the gist of what I got he said that for some bikes that were ridden hard they needed the new cam chain tensioner :wtf: . My bike falls outside the affected VIN numbers listed in this service bulletin. The dealer said that they will contact Cagiva USA on tuesday and determine how long it will take to get the part etc. Bottom line is my bike is in San Francisco awaiting a cam chain tensioner and it has a higher VIN than the one listed. I don't know what the deal is but will clarify on tuesday.
Thats not good news Robp,I guess it is as I mentioned before,they wouldn't have changed the tensioner for 07 models as they didnt know of this problem when they were manufactured.
I've only got 175km on mine, my guess is the tensioner will need replacing on all models after those chassis numbers.
I'll give the dealer plenty of time to order the new part so as not to have too much down time.
Also it would be nice to know if the new part has been engineered to withstand"hard riding".
We dont need a repeat of the fan issue,where it looks like the fans will melt like the originals.Fingers crossed eh!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well mines at service time too. I better let them know its being 'rode hard' too. : )
V200276. I wonder if the hundred thousand place number means something. It does not in manual. But some of us have a 0, 1, or 2. Maybe version, or receiving country code??
Indy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts