MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news ,according to my local dealer there is now an official factory recall on all F3 800 models regarding starting/sprag clutch issues ,getting call tomorrow with details of parts/fitment etc .
Hur bloody rah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow! Just the F3, or all of the Brutale/Rivale/other 800 models as well?
My Rivale motor says F3 on the case, it had better include all of them. Since my bike is broken and in the shop AGAIN, this would be the perfect time to have it done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
recall f3

As far as I know its all 800 models, as the latest Turismo has the same problem ! Lets hope it finally gets sorted so we can all enjoy the bikes without the worry of will I get home !

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Good news ,according to my local dealer there is now an official factory recall on all F3 800 models regarding starting/sprag clutch issues ,getting call tomorrow with details of parts/fitment etc .
Hur bloody rah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. This has been a long time coming.

One of the good things about recalls, is that they are good forever, so even if your bike runs out of warranty, the recall is still golden.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If it's official it's good to know that mines covered while i own it

No problems yet... Touch wood

·
Registered
320 Posts
This recall is for the uk only, sorry American friends. Lol.
Seriously? Is it true that there's a recall? I haven't been contacted?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I called the importer here in Sweden and asked and according to them there is no recall (yet at least) here i Sweden. Tho they have received information from MV that customers have starter issues can get there sprag replaced.. (well...duh?)

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
It's a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), not a recall. There are generally two types of recalls: Mandatory and Voluntary. A Mandatory Recall (in the US) is coordinated with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which is a government agency charged with all safety related vehicle issues.

Likely the starting problem will never be a Mandatory Recall because it's not really a safety issue. No reason to do a Voluntary Recall as there may be 3-cylinder bikes out there which are not experiencing the problem. So, the TSB is the obvious choice in this case.

Nonetheless, a TSB opens the door up for all 675/800 MV owners to get the new starting gear kit.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts