MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read on an Italian forum that MV will make a security recall for the F3's.
The security problem is supposed to be directly related to stalling issues, especially because they have occurred while the bike is rolling :jsm:.

Anyway, so far it's just a rumor. But if it's confirmed, the recall in itself is good news because it shows MV is doing something about it.
One F3 owner said that the dealer told him not to ride the bike much until the recall is done. So if you have a stalling F3 take that into account. :stickpoke

BTW any problems out there with stalling F3?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Perhaps I understand the problem not with my bad english...

But my F3 has "the problem" that when you are rolling while shifting down the motor stops. That happens on 550km 4 times, but only 1 time and then not angain. And then again 1 time at the next ride and so on. Not nice..., but not that bad for me, you pull the clutch and the start button and it starts while you are rolling.

Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zico, yes i think that's the problem some guys are complaining about.

You say that's not bad for you, but think twice... imagine approaching a turn at a spirited speed you shift down and the bike just goes off :jsm:
or that you're mid corner and you have to shift down and the bike just shuts off :jsm::jsm:
or that you're overtaking, on the other lane, see a car coming at you and you shift down to accelerate and overtake, but the bike just shuts down :jsm::jsm::jsm:

If that is happening with your bike, beware! because in some circumstances that could put you in a very serious and dangerous situation.

That's why they say it's a safety (i wrote security, but meant safety) issue that MV has to address quickly.

I love MV and the F3, and i certainly don't want to drive people off from MVs or just say shit about it like some other people here do, but if what i've read is true about this stalling issue just out of the blue, then this is a safety issue and i think everyone with an F3 should be aware of it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If this were the case with every bike, should it happen from the beginning or is this something that would develop? I have now ridden 400 miles and no stalling ... so just wondering if I have this to look forward to?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure about that, from what i've read so far.
I know some guys have been affected by this, some not.
But i'll investigate and post up here if something comes up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes please keep us posted. This is a HUGE safety issue that must be resolved at once. Where is the info coming from?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If this were the case with every bike, should it happen from the beginning or is this something that would develop? I have now ridden 400 miles and no stalling ... so just wondering if I have this to look forward to?
Any news yet on your mapping upgrade?

·
Registered
561 Posts
hmmm mine has not stalled, and pulling away is ok too? I often roll in neutral down my lane to cool it down before I put it away.

so far it has never tried to stall, I have noticed the engine braking when you shut off the throttle at high speed is really strong.

I'm going to sort the fuse box wires tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tallula, i asked the the guy who i first read complaining about the stalling issue (he had a close call due to the stalling)and he said it happened only once with him when he had about 700 km on the clock.
He says he thinks it's not something that happens from the start or develops, it just happens and in his case when he least expected and in a dangerous situation.
Some say this stalling issue has happened when you cut off the gas quickly and brake hard coming from high revs (which is not good at all).

I've also read that the map on the ECU that comes with the open exhaust kit cures this, but it's just a rumor.

Anyway, lets hope the new map coming with the recall fixes this once and for all.

·
Registered
265 Posts
hmmm mine has not stalled, and pulling away is ok too? I often roll in neutral down my lane to cool it down before I put it away.

so far it has never tried to stall, I have noticed the engine braking when you shut off the throttle at high speed is really strong.

I'm going to sort the fuse box wires tomorrow.
Don't know if you have this or not. If not, it might help with the fuse box wire sorting if it involves more than just insulation changes. It's unverified so if you use it, post some feedback as to its accuracy. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
A solution, albeit one with a price tag, is on the horizon with Dynojet. All we need is someone to raise their hand to be a donor bike for their facility in Las Vegas and a liitle time. Of course we stll haven't seen an F3 in the US as of this writing...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Perfect, has it done it since you've switched to your custom mode?
no it did before i made the switch, i think it's because i was starting to relax a bit but the normal or sport mode needs a high level of concentration.

Much better in custom. i have swith to normal power in custom mode too, it power wheelies in first and second gear!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts