MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally tackled the fork seals and bushings on my 1090RR after about a year of them leaking. I ordered the seals from my local MV dealership and after waiting over 6 months, they still could not get them. So I went with the next best option I could find which were SKF seals. Aside from the green color, i'm very happy with the quality of them and I believe they should hold up very well as a few suspension builders I talked to recommended them. I also used Maxima racing 7WT fork oil. I've used this in the past without issue. All in all it took me about 3 hours total including cleaning the forks, triples, calipers, and front wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm interested to see how your SKF seals hold up. I replaced mine last year with the green ones and they are leaking again. I have another set on order (new bushings as well) to fix them again this year. Unfortunately, cleaning under the new seal didn't do the trick. I'll be checking my stanchions for any deep scratches and polishing if needed.

I'm also not a fan of the green color :green:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I changed mine on my 1078 Brutale earlier this year, oem seals available ex stock from my local dealer, if any of you are quoted silly delivery dates give me a pm and ill see what i can do , they cost me i'm petty sure £34.00 UK for the pair .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm interested to see how your SKF seals hold up. I replaced mine last year with the green ones and they are leaking again. I have another set on order (new bushings as well) to fix them again this year. Unfortunately, cleaning under the new seal didn't do the trick. I'll be checking my stanchions for any deep scratches and polishing if needed.

I'm also not a fan of the green color :green:
I'm hoping they last. I did replace the bushings as well so that should help with the longevity of the seals. I almost reused the black wipers, but opted for the new SKF ones. Also, my bike only has 8,800 miles on it so the stanchions were in perfect condition which should help with seal life.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts