MV Agusta Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Looks like they are getting along okay!

You know, Mat, I was a little nervous putting them all so close together. A tip over by pretty much any of the bikes would have been more than a little embarrassing.

It would have brought a new meaning to...

Rectangle Font Electric blue Circle Logo

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
Your collection is really nice....I am officially jealous.
But there is a glaring omission. Where is the Brutale? Should have tried for Chris' Oro....

Reactions: MV Arthur

· Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Hi Ed and thanks for the compliment.
I, like MV Arthur above, find myself agreeing with Ed on matters of fact but we are sometimes different in matters of opinion. This is a good thing, right?
So, I beg to differ on the Brutale.
In my opinion, what this collection is missing, in fact most MV collections are missing, is an MV Agusta from the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s or 1970s.
That would be my preference for diversifying.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

· Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Right, lets have a look under this here blue duct tape. I have been wondering about what it is hiding. I am no detective but it may indicate how the bike has become damaged or at least rule out how it became damaged.

Hood Tool Automotive exterior Bumper Electric blue

OK.
Right.
OK.
That's quite the hole isn't it?

Tool Composite material Natural material Blade Knife

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Carbon Musical instrument accessory

Bumper Composite material Carbon Automotive exterior Tool

This looks like a side impact as opposed to a low side crash. Possibly from a tip over.

While we are looking at sad pics, here is the wiring I exposed for the rear indicators and licence plate light. This also shows the rather wobbly licence plate and indicator bracket.

Wood Camera accessory Audio equipment Flooring Metal

Wood Twig Electrical wiring Wire Jewellery

The plan is to source an OEM replacement.

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
At least they used decent bullet connectors...I've seen too many wiring hacks using wire nuts or just twist together and black tape.
Air tube is ready for the trash pile...... do you have a replacement? I might have one but shipping to NZ...yowza.

· Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Hi Ed.
Yes, thankfully I had a left and right OEM spare set of tubes that are in excellent condition.
I will salvage the red, white and green decals, the pair of rubber grommets that hold the air temperature sensor in place and the silver mesh screens from the front and then give the tubes a decent burial.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts