MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here is the deal. I am spooked.
I am rebuilding the motor ............again ....... and I just want to build some reliability into it. With the cost of a single conn rod bolt, is there an aftermarket option for connecting rod bolt??

Save a Tree

:)

Tree

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Ok. Here is the deal. I am spooked.
I am rebuilding the motor ............again ....... and I just want to build some reliability into it. With the cost of a single conn rod bolt, is there an aftermarket option for connecting rod bolt??

Save a Tree

:)

Tree

Here are some con rod bolts. They look like a specially manufactured stretch bolt to me. I personally would only fit a brand new set. Sometimes you have to pay the money out as it makes long term sense.
Others may beg to differ.

Joe

ps as regards the thread the engineer couldn't match it to a metric thread guage.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoa crap!
I swear I wasn't thinking an Aprilla in April...
;-)
Hahahaha
Good catch good Sir :)
I am also gonna look to see if they changed the con rod bolts for the 10' because the rumor mill says the orient express guys are carrying some sort of brand of bolt for the 10' and I am kinda hoping MV put re-tooling the 10' con rod bolt at the end of their "lets buy this" list ;-)

Tree

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Tree;

you might want to check with Falicon the crank guy too

my friend Eddie gets all his special stroker motor rods from Carrillo, they own CP and Pankl too

:naughty:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Believe the rods and pistons in MV fours are made by Mahle.

jimboF4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts