MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12 F4R. I notice when I lube the chain the rear wheel does not spin freely as if the nut holding it in place is torqued too tight.
How freely should the wheel rotate? What is the correct torque setting? Is there a special tool needed to loosen that nut ?

Thanks, Myke

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I have a 12 F4R. I notice when I lube the chain the rear wheel does not spin freely as if the nut holding it in place is torqued too tight.
How freely should the wheel rotate? What is the correct torque setting? Is there a special tool needed to loosen that nut ?

Thanks, Myke
It's not the nut, check the manual for torque settings although I'm sure it's stamped on the wheel.
How freely is free enough, hard to judge over the Internet, but there's a few things to consider, what stand are you using, this might restrict movement.
Raise the bike so you can spin the rear without restrictions other than gearbox and chain. The y10+ bikes seem to do okay with the new hubs, have you had yours serviced.

·
Registered
938 Posts
220-240nm approximately 170ftlbs.
Like Donsy said, it's not the nut.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You need a Big Johnson Deep Socket. You'll always get a nut off when you've got a Big Johnson.

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
220-240nm approximately 170ftlbs.
Like Donsy said, it's not the nut.
That is the wheel side.
The sprocket side is 200-220 nm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am using the factory rear wheel stand to spin the tire. It just seems tight compared to my 916 that has a simular single sided swing arm.
I haven;t changed tires yet so i haven't read through the shop manual . I'll give it a look.
Thanks

·
Vendor
5,488 Posts
The resistance you are feeling is probably just the axle turning on the MV stands nylon bush.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. It is not the same design as the 916 which spins freely.
Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts